Sunday, August 25, 2013

Hatcher's Pass-Tuesday Aug. 6th

We drove a little over an hour to get up here to Hatcher's Pass. I've heard a lot about this place but this was the first time we'd been up there. Unfortunately, it was poor timing because the blueberries weren't ready yet and the Independence Mine Visitors' Center wasn't open on Mon. and Tues. So we'll have to go back, but we met the Reeds up there and had brought a picnic lunch. We were still able to walk around the old mine and of course the kids just love running around like crazy in the great big outdoors. The view was spectacular everywhere you looked, and it was just a fun, beautiful day. 



Ty and Kai

Kels on the floor, Kiana, Madi, Bryn

Bryn is always very specific with how she wants me to do her hair. This day she wanted "one ponytail, on the side"...pretty sure I had the exact same hair do when I was her age :)


I know, nice finger. But I wanted to show how they've just left all the rubble. This mine stopped operating as a mine in the late 30's, so it's been just kind of falling apart ever since. It's a cool place.


All the kids, minus the Reeds' 3rd child who was in a carrier

No comments: