Sunday, August 30, 2015

Lagoon!

On Tuesday, July 28th, we left Pocatello as early as we could and drove down to Farmington, Utah. We stopped at Jeni's and dropped off Briggs with her. She was SO kind to offer to watch him so we could have a really fun day at Lagoon with our other kids who could actually enjoy it. Then we went over to Lagoon! Before we left Alaska I had told the kids we were planning on going to Lagoon. I tried to explain what an amusement park was, and what a roller coaster was. They had no idea what any of it was haha. I looked up their website to show them pictures of some of the rides. But it was definitely a whole new super fun experience for them. Some of the time we stayed all together, and for other things we split up. Kenny took the older two on some bigger rides that they were tall enough for, while I took Madi and Kels on some little kid rides. Everyone had such a fun time and they still talk about that. Madison still says that was her favorite part of our trip. On the very last ride, Kenny wanted to end it with a bang and made us all go on the Rattlesnake Rapids. We all got wet, but Kelsey probably got it the worst of all and she was tired from the whole day and not in a good mood to get wet. She just started bawling haha. It was sad and funny all at once. I think she was mad at me because I was sitting by her but realized I was going to get soaked last second and jumped up to switch seats, which you're definitely NOT supposed to do. But I did it and she got mad. Kenny laughed at the fact that I didn't take her with me and only worried about myself. I assure you if it had been a dangerous situation where she was actually getting harmed, I would have for sure moved her first. But it was just water and I chose to be selfish. So there you have it.




Bryn was the most scared of the ferris wheel! The slowest moving ride in the park. Go figure!






We went and picked up Briggs and said hi to Jeni (and Eric who had just gotten back from a business trip)! We then all went over to Chris and Stacie's house to stay the night. Tyler was so excited to have a little more time with Traegan. We once again stayed up way too late talking with them that night and had a lovely time. Stacie was so kind to let me do laundry too while we were there. We desperately needed to.

No comments: