Sunday, December 20, 2015

Do I have to put a title??

Tyler had been asking for his own sketch book for a long time, and a couple weeks ago I finally remembered to pick one up for him at the store. He spends probably hours a day drawing and it's fun to flip through the pages. 98% of his drawings are either super-villains or super-heroes. Someday he plans to turn it all into a big comic book, similar to The Avengers. For now he's just getting good drawing practice and some great ideas.




 On Thursday we had a CC "Mom's gathering" but of course kids came too. There were lots of yummy treats for all and it was fun to get together with those great families. Us moms did a white elephant ornament exchange and shared different Christmas traditions. We really needed to get out of the house so it was a good activity. I've been having a hard time this week. It always happens in the winter. I may or may  not call Kenny up sometimes and say "Why the H do we live in Alaska" and other such things. :) But he came home from work the other day and surprised me with 2 beautiful bouquets. He first handed me the yellow ones and said, "These are to brighten your days". And then handed me the roses and said, "And these are to tell you I love you". He doesn't often do things like that so I really loved it. It's always nice to have some flowers in the kitchen.

 Here's something random. You see in the picture above how you can very clearly see the kids' reflections in the sliding back door? Well since our sun rises at 10:30 and sets at 3:30, it's always pitch black when we eat breakfast and dinner, so they can always see their reflections. They call it "Copy Cousins" and it cracks me up. They'll say "copy cousins, why are you saying the same things as me? Look! They're doing the same things as me!" etc. haha my kids are so weird, but also entertaining.

This weekend I got on a big freezer-meal kick. I made 2 chicken pot pies, nachitoches meat pies, chili, chicken taquitos, and baked chicken penne. I love knowing I have a few meals I can pull out on days I don't feel like cooking. Kelsey likes to hang around while I'm cooking, but especially if there's dough of any kind involved. She is constantly snitching pie dough.

Saturday morning we went over to the church and ran around and played in the gym as a family. It was a good start to the day. We came home and distributed Saturday chores and got to work. We're all getting very excited for Christmas this next week! We got a picture of all the kids in their new Christmas church clothes this morning. Only Brynlee's looks more like an Easter dress. But it's the only one she would agree to wear. She's becoming quite particular with her clothes so I just decided to not fight it. And those boots that Madison continues to wear with that dress even though they don't match...whatever. I plan to give my tree some attention before the actual Christmas day, but I just don't seem to care too much. haha. The kids put up the ornaments that are on there and I keep meaning to adjust them all and add some more to make it look good. Just haven't done it yet.


8 more weeks until this little turkey can go into nursery and we cannot wait!! I'm a little bit nervous he's going to be a big bully in nursery, but I guess I'll let the nursery leaders deal with that haha. This is one of his favorite places to play is in the cupboards. He knocks all the dishes all over the place, and a lot on the floor. He also likes trash cans, toilets, taking baths and destroying whatever he can. He plays ball all the time and hates when they roll under the couches.

No comments: