Sunday, October 30, 2016

September Pictures and stuff

We went to the Children's Museum in Beaumont.


Every morning Briggs would get up early and come into my bed where I was usually up with Becca. He liked snuggling with us for a little bit before we had to start the day.

Kenny's birthday was Sep. 8th. He turned 33!! We didn't do a whole lot to celebrate, just had his favorite foods for dinner and dessert. We sure love him!

Such a handsome little guy. We bought this cute suit for him in Cambodia while we were there. There's a suit coat that goes with it too, but it was too hot and he didn't want it. Glad I remembered to pull it out of the closet before he grows out of it!

Becca started smiling when she was 4 weeks old. She is such a sweetheart. And absolutely loves bath time (below). She's never cried once in the bath.


 Ty's cheering section at his soccer game. Earlier that morning it was Madi's game.

 Bryn and Madi were asked to sing a song in primary. They sang the second and third verse of Army of Helaman. They were a little shy and nervous, but they sounded great. Kelsey went up there with them, but she didn't really know the words. We'll just call it emotional support. ;)


 sewing lesson with Grandma. She drew straight lines on paper and had them just sew along the paper, no thread or anything at first. They loved it.

 There was a bit of a snake saga at our house, again. I can't remember what day it was now, but I just opened my bedroom door to walk into my room and see this motion on the floor. It's a freaking SNAKE in my room, slithering away from me. I sort of screamed and jumped back out of the room for just a second. I composed myself and went back in, only it was GONE. I seriously couldn't find it anywhere. I had gone out to the garage to get a hoe, and boy was my heart pounding while I was down on the floor looking under my bed and dresser trying to find it. It was nowhere to be found. I closed my door and tried to block the space on the bottom with towels. But hours later Kelsey was in the laundry room, changing her clothes. She started saying that she heard the snake in a grocery sack that was on the floor. I thought that she was just kind of scared and thinking that anything was the snake. So I didn't believe her. But a minute later, she starts crying and shouting that she saw the snake move and it really was in the grocery bag. I went in there with my garden hoe as my powerful weapon. I scared it out of the bag and tried to kill it but it quickly slid under the cupboards that are in there, where my hoe was too big to fit in that space. So I turned it around and tried jabbing at it with the end of the handle. But it just slithered along the edge and underneath the washer and dryer! Obviously I couldn't get it there, nor could I move the machines. We didn't see it the rest of the day. Every time I had to get up during the night with the baby I would turn on my cell phone flashlight and shine it all over the floor before I stepped out of my bed. It was so unnerving having a snake in my house and not knowing where it was. Freaked me out. The kids and I were all on high alert trying to keep our eyes out for it. All the next day we didn't see it, same high stress during the night. The next morning, Kelsey saw the snake hiding under Becca's car seat, in the kitchen. That poor girl has such a keen eye and is really good at finding things haha. Anyway, luckily I had kept my hoe handy and grabbed it. I summoned all my courage (I really, really hate snakes). I quickly threw the car seat off and once it started slithering across the floor I just went a little crazy and started hacking away at it. I cut off his tail and left lots of dents in its body. It was still like hissing at me and opening its nasty jaws in my direction, but he was dying. I used the hoe to pick it up and take it outside and told Tyler to bury it while I cleaned up the blood. It was disgusting but I am SO glad to have that behind us. Thankfully Kenny has replaced the weather seal on the back door, which is how I think they were getting in before. Hopefully we won't have any more snake problems.

 Sweet Ty holds her for me when I can't, like if I'm making dinner or something. She has fallen asleep on his shoulder several times and it's so darn cute.

 We often have frogs and geckos all over the windows, but this morning the condensation made it so that it left perfect marks of the frog hopping all over the window. It was so cool!


Madi and her babies


 Gotta keep these two busy while I'm helping the others with school work. Briggs likes driving cars in his kinetic sand.


One day I made up a nature scavenger hunt for the kids. Kenny did it with them and changed it up a bit. They had a lot of fun and get so competitive with each other.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Those frog prints are seriously so cool! Haha It's the little things right?? Sounds like school is going well and that you've found a good rhythm. I'm excited to do family school some day. That's neat that you learn a lot too. I think learning along with the kids is one of the best parts of homeschooling!