Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter

Easter was nice and simple, just the way we like it. We dyed eggs for FHE. On Saturday, Tyler went to an Easter egg hunt/lunch that we were excited to attend until we realized we had a conflicting meeting for choosing out house stuff (countertops, flooring, etc.) So we dropped him off and he had a fun time. But he's the only one that did any egg-hunting this year. On Sunday I only got to attend Sacrament Meeting because Brynlee was sick and coughing so much she had discoloration and pitikia on her face. But it ended up being really nice, all 3 girls took a nap while I finished up our Easter meal. We had the Rogers family from our ward over for dinner (kept Bryn in our room) and had a lovely time getting to know them better. 

We talked a lot about Christ and Easter events, watched a lot of the bible videos on lds.org and looked at pictures, etc. It's really sweet how Madison is starting to understand things. She will randomly say throughout the day, "Jesus died for us Mom. The bad guys put pokies in Him, and Jesus died for us." She also will say funny things like when she's running around the house..."Heavenly Father makes me run really fast mom!" Or she'll be carrying her dolls around in their little doll crib and say "Heavenly Father makes me Soo strong!" She cracks me up. I love my sweet children so so much and I"m so grateful I can be with my family forever. What a sweet message of peace and joy the gospel brings.








2 comments:

Cam said...

You all look so cute in your Easter outfits!! I love Madi's comments. Your kiddos crack me up. I miss them!! Give them a big squeeze for me!

Elise said...

You are so pretty, Linds!