Sunday, November 24, 2013

A Trip, A Rant, A Funny

A Trip: Somehow this last week we ended up using our miles to buy tickets to go down to my parents' house for Thanksgiving. I think I win the worst wife of the year award because we're going without Kenny. I know, who just does that? Well I guess we do. We went back and forth on it a lot. But in the end we ended up deciding that together. I really, really wish he would come. But he doesn't think it's worth it for the amount of days he would be there, the expense of the plane tickets on those days, and he refuses to take off work. So there you have it. Tomorrow I will fly with all the kids by myself. We will fly to Seattle, arriving around 11:30 p.m. (it will be like 12:30 to us) and we take a shuttle to our hotel. The next morning we'll take the shuttle back to the airport and get on another plane to Houston, Texas. Then drive 2 hours to Lufkin, and be reunited with EVERYONE in my family (except Tim on a mission). I am beyond excited to be all together. The kids are ecstatic too. But please, please pray for me in this travelling adventure.

A Rant: Why is it that whenever anyone announces they are pregnant, the #1 response is "You are going to be SUCH A CUTE MOM?!" What does that even mean?? Is the image of motherhood the only thing that matters anymore? Does it mean she won't get as fat as some other women during her pregnancy? Does it mean children are such an adorable accessory that she wears well? I mean, it's not like a dress you try on and look cute in. It bugs me to death. Rant over.

A Funny: The other night I made some white chicken chili. I didn't use canned beans, and I'm not quite an expert at using regular bag of beans, and they were still crunchy. It was gross. So I served some pumpkin choc. chip bread (that was given to us) with dinner, instead of waiting for dessert because I felt so bad about the dinner fail. While the kids were all picking the beans out of their soup Brynlee says, "But Mom, you're supposed to know what you're doing!" Tyler responds with, "Well ya know Bryn, she is only 26!"

One more funny just because...all my kids say "I amn't", instead of, I'm not. This incorrect use of the contraction drives me crazy and no matter how many times I correct them (daily!) they just don't get it. So I amn't going to worry about it anymore :)

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I think "cute mom" is the equivalent to "good at pinterest mom." (At first I just wrote good mom..but good at pinterest and good at being a mom are very, very different.) Like, a cute mom will do little crafty things with her kids and bake Christmas cookies with them and never forget to bring a special treat for them at school with all the bells and whistles. I've never thought of it as looks. But I am probably the only one :)

GOOD LUCK on your trip!!! You're going to do amazing because you have some great little helpers! I hope it goes smoothly!!!

Kerri Andersen said...

haha the cute mom thing bugs me too. people also always, ALWAYS say "you will be the cutest pregnant lady ever!" seriously lets be real, pregnant women are never cute.