Sunday, November 10, 2013

Not Much To Say

It's been a pretty regular week at our house. My brain seems to be too tired to think of much that went on, so thankfully I have a few phone pictures to jog my memory. One day I saw this cool idea on a blog to use food coloring in shaving cream, then let kids paint with it. I decided to take this to the bath tub and they had a blast. It started out nice and clean with paint brushes...


But of course it ended up ditching the brushes and using their hands and feet. Yes, feet. So it was pretty much everywhere, but I didn't mind because it was contained and easy clean up. Tyler was out by then because he's not such a fan of being messy. Why weren't all my kids born like that??

Speaking of Tyler, he's quite into doing everything himself, and especially wants to help in the kitchen. He makes his own sandwiches every single day, and sometimes his sisters' too. His favorite thing to make is smoothies for us. He does it all, gets out the blender, sets it up, gets all the stuff out and makes it by himself. I'm pretty sure I wasn't doing that when I was 6. It's nice to have an independent and helpful son around.


After much deliberation we've decided to turn our garage into a big play room. (It's heated.) That meant I used my mom's Sam's Club membership to buy this awesome flooring for the garage. We had to go and pick it up, and I had 5 kids with me. 3 girls already in the cart and they roll out this huge flat cart full of the flooring. After sitting there for another 10 minutes waiting for an employee to help us out to the car, I realized Tyler could probably do it. And he did. Without running into any customers, parked cars, or anything. I'm not trying to make this post all about Tyler but seriously, what would I do without this kid?


Kelsey has picked up on the "arts and crafts" bug that my oldest 2 have. Except she's a 1 yr. old, so it doesn't work so well. She prefers to draw on herself mostly. Or books, the floor, the table, the wall, etc. We really have to keep an eye on any stray pens, pencils, and especially markers around the house.


We've had quite the trouble with her and sleeping lately. I mentioned a while back how we couldn't find the screws for the bunk bed. Well they eventually turned up so then we set it up in the room and no longer had room for the crib, the bunk bed, the dresser, and toys. So we decided to put her in the bunk bed with the other two girls. (It's a twin on top and full on the bottom). So we've been having lots of fun putting her to bed every nap and every night. I'm lying--it's been anything but fun. It's time consuming, and draining, and I quickly lose my patience with the whole situation. She gets out a lot, plays with toys, climbs up to the top bunk and then can't get back down, keeps everyone else up, etc. But now we've moved all the toys out to the garage, so we have room for her crib again! So we set up her crib again today and we'll see how it goes.

We've had an unusually warm October, and this last week winter finally caught up to us. It's now freezing again, and snowing as usual. So we made sugar cookies for the first snow fall. (Technically, the first one was back in September, but it didn't stick, and we didn't have a house or a way to make sugar cookies, so this is the real deal.)

Speaking of freezing, it was freezing rain last night and the roads were extremely icy. We've put off putting our snow tires back on, and now we really need them. I got up at 5:30 this morning to finish preparing my lesson. Kenny had a EQ Pres. Mtg. here at our house at 7 a.m. I was upstairs helping write Tyler's talk for him as he dictated it, and getting the girls ready for church. Then around 8 we got notified that church was cancelled because of the horrible roads. It was sort of a huge relief. Kelsey had gotten up a little after 6 and I was not excited to go to church with her. Not just that, but it's been a very busy week with not much daddy time. (He had to work all day Saturday.) So we went downstairs and made choc. chip banana pancakes and hot chocolate and sloooowed down. It was a great day of rest and family time.

No comments: