Sunday, December 22, 2013

Winter Solstice Walk

 Saturday, Dec. 21st was winter solstice. The sun rose at 10:14 a.m. and set at 3:42 p.m. The good news, however, is that from here on out we will continue to gain more light every day until we are at the other extreme of only a couple hours of darkness in the summer! haha. I don't know if I'll ever get used to this crazy place we live in. But anyway, I was dying to get out of the house and just be out in nature a little bit. I really need that every so often, and thank goodness Alaska has a lot to offer in the outdoors department. It was finally not in the negative temps so we bundled up and went down the road to take a walk on the Campbell Park trail. It was a nice low-key family outing and we had fun playing with our new camera. :) Our other camera died on us in July, so we've been waiting to get a nice one again. It was supposed to be for Christmas, but my husband has the patience of a 1 year old when it comes to gifts :). I'm SO glad to not just have lousy phone pictures to document our lives. Hopefully it'll make this ol' blog a little more pleasant to look at.
Kelsey was being pulled in this cool sled type seat. It has a buckle and everything. The girls actually took turns riding in it, sometimes two at a time as you will see later.

Cute little munchkin Madison








Yes, the snow was that deep off the trail :) cute cheeser face


The Boys

Not the same day, but a cute shot of Bryn playing out in the snow this week. We certainly never have a shortage of snow!

1 comment:

Charity said...

Great Pics. I don't know if I would get used to the crazy daylight hours either. Your kids are beautiful. Yes I am feeling great now. It was yucky for a little big but my Mom sent me some herbal supplements that are heaven sent. Really they have been great. So I feel good.