Friday, January 3, 2014

A Few More December Things

Some things that I didn't get pictures of...
One Sunday night we went caroling at a nursing home here in Anchorage. We went with 2 other families and had a good time. Except for when Kelsey tried to steal an old lady's stuffed animal, (literally prying her fingers off of it! So embarrassing!) things went fairly smoothly.

We went to our ward Christmas party and had a great time

Kenny had 2 work Christmas parties because he's a contract worker. One with the company he actually works for (Udelhoven) and the other with the company he actually works at (BP). BP's party was the night of the ward party, so we didn't go. The other was the next weekend and we had a babysitter and were all set to go. We were dressed up nicely and everything. But then I realized in a phone conversation with him as he was on his way home from work, that he was not going to know a single person there. He doesn't actually work with anyone from Udelhoven, and I thought that was going to be a super lame night. So we still got the babysitter, but changed plans. We went and got dinner at the Pita Pit, and saw the Thor movie. It was a fun night together, and I was so glad we didn't spend it making small talk with people we'll never see again :).

NEW YEAR'S EVE! I'm pretty bummed I didn't get a single picture of our new year's eve but we did have a great time. We hosted a little get together with the Sponsellers and the Allisons. Sarah Allison was actually roommates at BYU-I with Kenny's sister, Shariane. Small world, huh? :) I made some cafe rio pork salads and everyone else brought snacks and goodies galore! We talked and played Mexican Train and had fun together. Everyone ended up leaving around 10 p.m., and we put our kids to bed. Tyler woke up later that night around 1 or 2 a.m. throwing up a bunch. I thought we were done with the stomach bug, but apparently not. Then Kelsey and Brynlee got it too after him. I would just like to know why no one can be sick during the DAY?!! It always has to be at night, when I am the most tired. Anyway, we had a really fun new year's and were grateful to celebrate it with friends.

I also read the entire Divergent series (by Veronica Roth) in the same week. They were good, quick reads.

And some pictures:

I love this little face so so much!
Always wrestling and rough-housing with daddy
 These two=best buds


Kelsey actually playing nicely and getting along with cute Anja--the girl I babysit

Making and decorating a graham cracker house. Kelsey especially enjoyed eating all of the frosting and candy as fast as she could. The other three were pretty serious decorators :)


Creative daddy stayed up at nights making his graham cracker castle! Unfortunately he never got around to decorating it before I just couldn't stand it sitting on the counter anymore. So we took some pictures and threw it away. He takes his traditions very seriously. P.s. I know he's going to hate that I put that picture up  of him, but it serves him right for always being such a ham when I try to take his picture! :)


Brynlee helped me make some gingerbread cookies. We like to do our family out of gingerbread people and they each decorate themselves. 



No comments: