Thursday, January 2, 2014

Our Christmas!

Christmas Eve: That morning the Sponseller's called wondering if we could watch sweet little Alina for a little bit while Sam went to work. Carmin and David were both super sick with a stomach bug. Kenny took the older 3 to go see Frozen, and said he was getting a stomach ache too. By the time he came back he was feeling much worse and went and laid down. He was pretty much sleeping or throwing up the rest of the night. I spent most of my day cleaning and making our fabulous Christmas Eve dinner. It was a little more lame than usual. I was just so grateful that the kids and I didn't catch the bug, as it seems everyone in the country was sick over Christmas. I asked Kenny to please sit down at the table so I could take one picture and he could call on someone to pray. He did, then went and laid back down on the couch. :). That night we opened Christmas pajamas, per tradition. This year I didn't make a single thing! Normally I sew at least matching pants, but not this year. Truth be told I have nowhere in my house to set up a sewing machine even if I did have time. It was nice to not worry about it. We talked some more about the birth of Christ and watched some of the clips on LDS.org. The kids all slept in the same room and went to bed full of excitement for the next morning! Christmas is always so fun and magical for children, and it's hard for it not to be contagious. 






Christmas day: Tyler was up a little before 6 a.m. He woke up the girls after a few minutes because he couldn't contain himself :).They were all thrilled with what they got, and gave, and it was a great day together. We also did a google chat with EVERYONE in my family, including Tim in France!! It was such a great time together and we were all in tears by the end. Amazing how the spirit can be felt even through computers when we're all spread out across the world. I sure love my family.
Kenny let me sleep for like 2 hours! I thought I would lay down for like 20 minutes, and 2 hours later I woke up. Yikes! I didn't realize how tired I was.



Brynlee put these roller skates on shortly after she saw them, and I'm pretty sure she only took them off to sleep (because I made her) for the next 3 days. :) 


No comments: