Monday, June 2, 2014

No-Nap Sundays

Since moving, we have also changed church times from 9:00 (my favorite), to 1:00 p.m. (my least favorite). It is no fun for Kelsey, (and often Madison too) which makes it no fun for me. Throw in the fact that I am now the nursery leader (hello 12-17 toddlers with no naps and my large pregnant body), and I come home from church anything but spiritually rejuvenated.
Making dinner after church I looked over and found her like this :)

But it's not like we have anything to get up and going for on Monday mornings, so really it's okay. I've decided that we are going to really get to know people in this ward and take advantage of the last two months before the baby is born when it's harder to get out and hang out with people for a while. So we're going to have 2 families over every Sunday evening for FHE and desserts. Last night was the start of this and it was lots of fun!

There was a huge fire in south central Alaska that burned thousands of acres. We had quite a bit of smoke even clear up here. We've all been praying for rain for weeks and this last week we finally got a lot of rain which was a huge blessing. It also worked out nicely because I started potty-training Kels on Tuesday. So it was nice to have it cold and rainy so we weren't missing anything. We really stayed home all week, until Friday. She did awesome! She was more than ready. I couldn't do it before because we were moving, then it took several weeks to get a washer and dryer. Finally there were no more excuses and it was great! I can't believe how big she is now. She's all grown up and ready to be a big sister :).

Not sure what's up with the face :)
 Other things...
 This is how Madison colors everything and I love it. 

 Tyler lost another tooth! He pushed it out with his own tongue and it shocked him! Haha

Jumping on the trampoline in the cold rain

Teaching pocket-knife safety and the art of stick-whittling

On Friday we went into Anchorage and had well check-ups for all 4 kids. I'm many months behind, I know. But it was good to knock them out in one day. Brynlee and Kelsey had sore legs from their shots but everyone is healthy and growing perfectly. We feel very blessed.

2 comments:

Elise said...

Ugh 1:00 church is soooo hard! And how could they call a pregnant woman to the nursery? Yikes! I don't envy you but I'm sure you do a fantastic job and smile all the while :).

Kimberly said...

Your backyard looks so fun, surrounded by forest like that!