Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Grandma A. and Sarah Visit

I absolutley loved having my mom and youngest sister, Sarah, come and stay with us. Even though Briggs didn't cooperate and come when we all thought he would, it was still so great to have them here. We didn't do a whole lot of touristy things, which I feel bad about for them. But the kids just soaked up having all that extra love and attention and building those special relationships. My mom is a way cool grandma and jumps on the trampoline with them, gets on the floor and plays with them, gives them candy and just has a blast with them. They can feel how much she loves them and we all love having her around. My house is so much cleaner and things just run better. I wish so badly it wasn't only once (or twice if we're lucky) a year that we get to see family.





Sarah helped the kids coordinate a talent show, of sorts, with varying degrees of silliness in each act. :) It was quite entertaining and the kids had fun each getting a turn in the spotlight.

We stuck close to home for any fun activities. We did the usuals: Hatcher's Pass, Independence Gold Mine, playing at the "beach" (Wasilla Lake) by our house, and the Reindeer Farm. 




This was either on my due date, or the day after. He was born at 40 weeks and 5 days.

I know it's really blurry. Every night I go in and check on all the kids and remove multiple books and toys and re-position them so they're not all over the place. This night was too cute and I had to take a picture. These two are becoming better friends as they get older. They are the closest in age and have so much fun together. Good cuddle buddies too :)


Bryn and Mads each got a little trim




I hated seeing them go, especially since I could have really used the help after Brigham was born! But it all worked out. She kept saying "I can come back! I can change my ticket!" But after two weeks of being away, I know they need to be back as a family too. And we were fine.
Every time my mom comes she is so incredibly helpful and I love her more and more. It's so hard to let her know how much I appreciate her; for everything she does and everything she is. She is such an incredible example to me and I don't think I'll ever be able to really thank her or repay her. Being a mother certainly doesn't end when your children leave the house. I need her just as much now, I'm sure of it.

1 comment:

Cam said...

Hahaha that picture with the reindeer - looks like Kelsey is going to tackle-hug it! Looks like such a fun time.