Tuesday, September 2, 2014

House Projects

We've done a few things for our house lately that are fun. I love making this house really ours

#1: This is the one I'm probably most excited about--a desk for our home school!! Kenny built this from scratch with his bare, manly hands :). I'm very impressed with his skills. I told him he shouldn't have showed me how talented he was because now I'm going to have a list of things for him to build for me! This desk is really big--about 7 feet long. He made it to fit this very spot, and even added a little bookshelf on top for books and curriculum. I love it and it is well used every single day.


#2: Our master bathroom has a sauna, but we haven't ever been able to use it because it didn't have a heater. So it was just this extra weird room that the kids liked to play hide and seek in. But Kenny found a cheap heater on craigslist some guy was selling. He had to fix it and get it running again. Then he built this nice box for it to go in so it looks like it was just built in with the sauna! It looks so nice like it's been there all along. I still have yet to use it, but I'm pretty sure it's Kenny's favorite spot in the house. :)

#3: This was quite a while ago, but we painted an accent wall in Ty's room. he wanted it to be light blue like the sky, and then paint Avengers all over the wall like they're flying :). But Grandma got him an Avengers poster that hangs over his bed that he really loves. So thankfully we won't have to be painting large super heroes anywhere. Notice the "T" on his wall that he painted himself, his 3 favorite colors.


#4: Curtains!! These are the curtains my mom and I were making when I went into labor with Brigham. Thankfully, she finished them for me the next day when I was in bed. We finally got them hung this past weekend and now it's like my new favorite room in the house. I love it!! (We got a couple black chairs on huge sale too, so now it's a more functional sitting room.) But I really like how much they add to the room, They are 12 feet high, which is A LOT of fabric to work with!!



2 comments:

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

I can totally relate to making the house your own! That desk is perfect for school work and those curtains look beautiful! Wish I could just come visit!!

Charity said...

What great projects- they all look awesome. Your home looks beautiful. I saw you had two pretty plants in your sitting room. I've been wanting to get some like it but worry that my babies would tip them over and play in the dirt all the time. Do your kids do that? or am I just being a worry wart?