Monday, December 15, 2014

Our Christmas Party (yet another one)

Several weeks ago I was sitting here wishing we could do something fun with some of our Anchorage friends. We really loved the ward we were in last, and wish we could see them all more often. We don't have many families in Wasilla that we seem to have really connected with yet. So I was up really early in the morning feeding Briggs and thinking about all this. I double checked to make sure they weren't having a ward party that night (almost everyone is from one ward) and sent out an e-vite. I didn't really know what I was doing, but I knew that if I didn't act I would end up changing my mind and things would get in the way. So once it was official, I told Kenny about it. He was thrilled ;). It was this last Saturday night on the cool date of 12-13-14. I went ahead and invited 9 families, which is a lot. But I figured it was a busy time of year, and I thought the hour drive might discourage some people too. But we were so happy to have 8 families (or at least one representative of them) show up! It was packed and I was so happy to have them all here and catch up. The kids played and played and adults just chatted. I know I was being a little selfish having them all drive out here, but it was so fun for us. We just did appetizers and desserts. I'll be sure to have a few more hot appetizers (especially some more kid-friendly) next time, but it was okay. Kenny was a HUGE help in getting everything ready. He even hung up pictures on our big empty kitchen wall. Once we took down our Thankful tree we realized how very blank it was, and set out to fix it. Hopefully we'll get some more and better pictures of us as a family, meaning including Brigham :). But for now it will do to fill the void. It only lasted for a few hours, it was just perfect. I know there's quite an over-kill of parties and gatherings in December, but I would do it again in a heartbeat. And I was not the best photographer of the evening and didn't get very many people that came, but I did snatch a few shots which I'm glad to have. The families that came: Sponsellers, Allisons, Swifts, Westons (Andy and Shalee), Lemmons (just Brandon and Johnathan as Cassandra was at home with her other 2 sick kids), Grimshaws, Joshua Peterson (we missed Shasta!), and Jason Reed came with his kids (we missed Ann too!). 


Carmin  and Emi

Kiana and David

Kenny's going to kill me for posting this but he always has a great time talking to Sam :) and their beautiful Alina.

David, Ethan, (Jeremy in the back) and Tyler

No comments: