Monday, December 15, 2014

Work Christmas Party

Kenny and I didn't get to go to the adult Christmas party because it was on Madison's birthday. And even if we didn't have extra kids at our house, we wouldn't have gone for her sake. So I was so glad when he told me that they were having a family Christmas party too. I told the kids they were going to get to sit on Santa's lap. It's not that I have purposefully avoided sitting on Santa's lap, but really I think the kids have only done it like one other time in their lives. And only Tyler remembers it. It was at the North Pole at the Santa Claus house 2 years ago. But for some reason we just haven't done it any other time. So I didn't expect them to be so very excited about it!! They were anticipating it all day long. We drove into Anchorage to get there by 4 p.m. Lots of people had dressed their kids up in their Sunday best/christmas outfits for the pictures. I had no idea it was such a big deal. Obviously I'm a little behind on all the Santa stuff. Anyway, we watched as child after child in front of us (after waiting in line for quite a while) freaked out and screamed and cried and squirmed off of his lap. I crossed my fingers this would be a fun thing, but really didn't know how they'd react. Madison seemed to be the only one getting apprehensive about it. So we decided to go oldest to youngest, so they'd see how harmless it was for their siblings. And they all did awesome. Briggs slept through the whole thing :), so it was pretty perfect. They had a photographer taking pictures for us and they immediately printed them off. So I do have them, I just need to scan them into the computer. They had lots of fun stuff that night. The kids each got their faces painted, they had a balloon guy there making all kinds of fun balloon things. We had some really yummy food and desserts. Then we finished off the night with a horse ride. Not exactly a sleigh, but still a fun ride around the block downtown. It was freezing so I was glad it wasn't any longer. I was worried about Brigham being out. Anyway it was a really fun event and the kids had such a blast.










1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Love all those cute profiles! It's so cool seeing you in all of your kids in different ways. What a fun night!