Sunday, April 19, 2015

Easter

Easter this year fell on the same weekend as General Conference, which is kind of fun. On Saturday we went into Anchorage and watched one of the sessions with Andy and Shalee. On Easter Sunday we had over a family in our ward (the Christoffersons), and a super cool sister, also in our ward. It is always fun to spend holidays with other people. We did do a few fun things leading up to Easter. For FHE we made tombs out of rice krispie treats. It was our activity and our treat :). The week of Easter I had all the kids make a little Easter book. Each day (starting with Palm Sunday) we would talk about what happened, read about it and/or watch a movie clip on lds.org and then the kids would draw a picture of the event. So by the end of the week they each had a book with their own pictures, and what day each event happened. We also dyed eggs of course. But one thing we didn't ever get to this year was an Easter egg hunt! The primary never did one and I guess I didn't think about it until it was too late to organize one. Plus I didn't really care. What's funny is none of the kids even noticed, or at least no one said a word about it. So even though I dropped the ball on that tradition, it was still a great holiday :).








And of course, I had to take pictures in their new Easter outfits...which I bought very last minute as the stores were closing the night before. Oops. Tyler was sick on Easter Sunday (we tried to banish him to his room while we had people over to stop the spread of germs). But by the time I got everyone's individual pictures, he had gone to sleep and so the group picture never happened. But that's okay.















1 comment:

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

I love reading your updates. Such an adventurous life young family life is right? I love hearing about your chickens and Easter activities. Such cute kids!