Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day 2015






Oh I love these pictures. Even though Brigham's hair needs to be done and Kelsey picks her nose more than all of our other children combined, and Brynlee couldn't find her other church shoes (of course!) so she's wearing awkward black boots. I just love them because it's us. Right now at this point in our lives. Oh these years are going by so fast! But we captured this moment and froze them in time, so to speak. They're only little for such a short time, and they're only mine for such a short time, and then they're gone.
But these years are so formative! They are so important to setting the foundation for the rest of their lives!! I have to keep reminding myself that this stage, this exhausting stage will not last forever. In fact, if all other women in the history of forever are right, it will be gone before I know it. So I am doing my best. We all do the best we can with the knowledge and resources we have. I believe that. But I fall short every day. I feel inadequate every day. I sometimes want to throw my hands in the air and ask someone else to raise these children because they're too precious--too good and I just know I'm not going to do them justice. But I receive sweet confirmations from the spirit that my efforts coupled with the Lord will always be enough. No I won't be perfect. But I am enough. I love these beautiful children with my whole soul and am so humbled and beyond grateful that I get to be their mother. I mean, seriously?
God is too good to me.
I told Kenny today that I just don't know if I'll ever be able to stop having babies. I just love them so much!!
I don't think he thought that was very funny.

My mind has been on all the women that have helped to "mother" me over the years, and continue to do so even now. And of course on my own mother and my mother-in-law. I have such incredible examples all over in my aunts, cousins, sisters, sisters-in-law and friends! A powerful ancestral line with phenomenal and strong women whom I strive to emulate. My patriarchal blessing talks about how I have a great heritage and a great lineage, and I was sent at a time where the pattern was established for me so that I could continue a great tradition. No kidding!

We have a great work to do as women in these latter-days, and of course the greatest work will be in our own homes. We must fight for the family! We must continue to heed the promptings of the Holy Ghost in receiving revelation for our own families and not succumb to any social pressures. We are better than that. Carry on warriors--and Happy Mother's Day :).

No comments: