Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Memorial Day

In the morning we went to hike the Butte as a family. There's two sides to go up this mountain, and I think we went up the North side. It had a bajillion stairs, which we didn't know we were going to have. It was just a gorgeous morning, never too hot or cold. So so green and all the wildflowers are coming out, which makes Brynlee as happy as she can possibly be. She picked handfuls of them, as she always does. I think it was about 3 miles roundtrip, which is perfect for our little-legged family :). The view from the top was awesome. We stopped and had a little snack and let Briggs out of his carrier to play in the dirt. We even saw 3 bald eagles that morning! A great omen for Memorial Day. By the way, I wish I could keep diapers on my daughters until they turn 15. Seriously. I get so sick of ALWAYS having to help them go potty in the trees and bushes. But I suppose there are much worse things in life.


Briggs was leaning over far in his carrier to see us and so I leaned way over to make him laugh, and Kenny took a picture. I thought it was funny, and a nice change from our normal family pictures :).





I can't get this picture to rotate. But Tyler collects rocks as faithfully as Bryn collects flowers. For this one he said "Look mom! It looks like Africa!"


Almost to the top!

We made it :)




He's so awesome. On the way back Kelsey really wanted HIM and not me, so he was carrying two heavy kids.


Once we got home we had work to do. Kenny was putting stakes and string in our backyard, outlining our land boundaries, getting ready for building a fence. I was trying to clean up inside. We got blinds installed in our living room FINALLY. They look really good and it's so nice to actually have privacy. Our neighbors can see right through our window and it has bothered me from the first week we moved in the house. It's nice to have it feel a little more complete. We're working on rearranging the living room (because I just love to have more projects for Kenny to help me with! Ha!) Anyway we didn't have long before we had to hurry and make tinfoil dinners and get stuff ready for a get-together with friends in the evening. I can't help but have a little party with friends so we called several families in our ward, and from our old ward (before our boundaries got changed). We met at Lake Lucille Park and totally lucked out by having our own pavilion all to ourselves. It was seriously an answer to prayers. The rain held off, and the sun came out, and it was such a great evening getting to know new friends. The families there: Hafens, Mays, Christensens, Merrill's, and us, (19 kids altogether). We all came home exhausted and happy.

No comments: