Sunday, November 1, 2015

Halloween Week






Above: having fun at the park this week. It's getting pretty cold now! It's snowed a few times this week, including right now. Before, just having fun at home. The kids gathered rocks and dirt, and sticks to make a base for their flag. Trying to get better at watercolors.






HALLOWEEN: We did not spend a single dollar on costumes this year, which I was glad about. It's no secret that Halloween is my least favorite holiday. Kenny and I have talked about not celebrating it at all, but recognize that it is fun for the kids. I see the value just in the traditions of it, but I don't make it a very big deal. In fact, I know our kids would love if I would get way more into it....maybe next year ;). We dug through the big costume bin and let the two younger girls pick out what they wanted. Kelsey, of course, was a ballerina. Madison decided on a cowgirl (stick horse and all!). Kenny made Brynlee's robot costume, and helped Tyler with being Hawkeye. He used some of our recyclables in the garage and duct tape to make a little holder for all his arrows (I'm sure there's a proper word for that but I don't know it). Briggs unfortunately didn't get a costume because he's not old enough to care, so we didn't bother with it. :) On Halloween day, I took Tyler and Brynlee to the movie theater to see the movie Goosebumps. It was a fun little show to take them to, and Brynlee sat on my lap most of the show because she was scared :). It was a fun little outing. That night we had a trunk or treat at the church. It was 30 degrees, and the kids were so cold they said they couldn't hardly hold their candy bags open anymore. haha. Poor things. It didn't last too long, and then we came home to finish trick or treating on our own street. I just took the older three while Kenny answered the door here at home with the two littles. It was nice and simple. They all used the darling Halloween pillowcases that my mom sent them. They've been sleeping with them on their pillows all month, and then they used them to collect candy :). 







 I had to post a few more of Kelsey just because she was cracking me up. She's such a cutie. Kelsey got to pick out a toy at the store this week for doing so well at not peeing at night. Hooray for no pull-ups!!


1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Kelsey is hilarious!! Snd that's awesome she's getting out of pull-ups. I may ask you for more tips but I'll start w the pee free chart for my kids!