Sunday, January 3, 2016

New Years Eve, etc.

I don't think I've mentioned yet but Bryn started taking piano lessons from Sister Hunt, same as Tyler. I drop them both off and they listen to each other's lessons and so they're there for an hour. Anyway Bryn really loves it. She's been begging to take lessons for a long time but their teacher is pretty firm on the "7 year old" rule. Bryn will be 7 in Feb. and she had a few students drop so I think she was grateful to have her start a little early. It's been fun to watch her work at getting her fingers to do what she wants. She loves music. 

It was a pretty lame and boring week. I don't have much motivation to do anything I should do. Winter blues. So on Wednesday I decided that we needed to have a party on New Year's Eve or I might just cry at how lame the whole "holiday" week was. So I texted some families in the ward the day before and got it together. The kids helped clean the house on Thursday and I made some treats. It ended up being super fun and I was so glad! Of course I failed to take any pictures, but we had the Cooks, Christoffersons, Vandikes, and Larsons over from our ward. And Andy and Shalee came with their kids too. They also stayed the night and most of the next day. We had so much yummy food! Lots of appetizers and desserts! We started playing the game, 4 on a couch. But the kids caught on that we were having fun and so they all came in and wanted to play with us. It's not really a kid game and we didn't have enough chairs anyway. So after only a couple rounds we changed our game to Pictionary so all the kids could participate. They loved that. We chatted and had fun getting to know each other a little better. Everyone went home around 9 p.m. We put our kids to bed and their cousins too. Then we stayed up way too late with Andy and Shalee playing Headbanz and just talking. Thanks to our neighbors we had a good fireworks show at Midnight! We toasted in the New Year with sparkling cider. 

Oh good news! I sold the chickens this week. We are not enjoying how much it costs to keep them warm and fat and happy in the winter. The cost just isn't worth it. If we lived somewhere warmer where they could be free range and not require heat lamps for so many months of the year, we would definitely do it. But up here it just doesn't make sense. So anyway I put it up for sale on Craigslist, coop and all. I had someone over here looking at it within a few hours and several more calls that same day. It was a good price. So they bought them, but haven't taken them off our yard yet. I think they're trying to figure out how to move the coop. I wonder the same thing. It's pretty darn heavy and wasn't built to transport. So good luck to them haha. 

Saturday night we all needed to get out of the house so we went to McDonald's for dinner and let them all play on the play place for a while. After baths and bed time Kenny worked on his lesson and I got a bunch of stuff ready for the first week of Primary this year=CRAZY. Kelsey is no longer in nursery and has now joined Sunbeams and feels like a big girl. The only problem is she wants to be with me the whole time and not sit with her class. She said to me, "Why don't you come sit by me, Mom? Don't you like me?" haha. So manipulative. :) Oh and 6 more weeks till Briggs is in nursery and that will make everyone's lives better!


1 comment:

Elise said...

Yay for nursery! That pre-nursery walking stage is the worst for church!