Saturday, August 20, 2011

Where is August going?



I just saw that the last time I blogged was 10 days ago. What is happening to this month? The days just keep going by, and I'm glad about that. I am looking forward to feeling well and energetic again. But life hasn't slowed down too much, let's be honest. The past two weeks have been full. There's this Tae Kwon Do place nearby where Ty did the free trial class (actually we smuggled 2 free classes out of them because he hated the first one so much). Then he was in love with it and so we signed up for the great deal they have right now, 2 weeks worth of classes for $30. So they have classes for his age group Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, and Saturday, but we didn't go to that either week. Now we are trying to decide if he will stay in it or not. It's pretty expensive each month, and the times of classes are the worst! They're at 4:30 on T, Th or 6:00 p.m. on M, W. So I doubt it. But he loves it so much and he looks so stinkin cute in the little uniform. I hope we get to keep it. I think it would be a really good thing for him to do, just maybe not this year. We did sign him up for soccer though, which starts in Sep. and he's very excited about that.


I also had Young Womens on Tuesdays, which is fun. Last Saturday I went to the YM/YW Stake Activity. And this past Thursday I got to sit in on a missionary lesson with a family that's being re-activated, and they're adopting a Mia Maid so that's why I went. It was a neat experience, the first time I've been to one like that. Bummer that I missed out on my friend Amy's baby shower that night.


Playgroups are on Thursday mornings, and we had dinner at the O'Neil's house a couple Sundays ago. I just love Loni. Friday was a ward family game night. We made cupcakes and everything and had our games all planned out. But my head hurt so bad I couldn't hardly sit up, and the girls were ornery so we stayed home. Today we went swimming with the Critchlow's again. Kenny and Mark work together, Amy and I are good friends, and our kids play well together. They're also in our ward. I love having a pool. I still can't believe how cool it is here. It's pretty cold when you get out of the water, really not swimming weather but we keep going anyway.


But this past Wednesday was a big day!! WE GOT A TRAMPOLINE! (see above) It has been fabulous already. I think Tyler is the most excited about it, and I think it is the best thing for him anyway. We were debating between a playground/swing set thing or a trampoline, but a tramp is much easier to move. Plus I think it gets used more. So that's been a lot of fun for the kids (and therefore for me too :). ) Also on Wednesday, MADI STARTED CRAWLING!!! I absolutely love that I am home to witness all those first things. Kenny got to (sort of) witness it via cell phone, cuz I was talking to him when she did it haha. Hopefully this will help her lose a few rolls :).


My parents are in Prague right now picking up my brother Jeff from his mission. My dad already set him apart in the hotel (isn't it handy to be a member of the Stake Presidency in times like those?). They're just enjoying touring around and I think Jeff loves showing off the area and people he loves so much even more. We got to Skype with them today and it was so fun to see him! He can't believe how grown up my kids are, and he saw Madi for the first time. I do love technology :).


Friday I went to my first doctor's appointment. Kenny got off work early to come because he loves to see the ultrasounds. Which meant he brought all the kids in that little office with him. Which equals craziness. But Ty and Bryn liked seeing the little baby in there and everything looks great! Measuring exactly on with how far along I am, and good strong heartbeat. I didn't love my doctor, and am thinking about switching. It's just so foreign for such a young couple to have so many kids, and the usual response is that we must not know what we're doing. Her comments after Kenny and the kids left about her wanting to "help inform me about all the various forms of birth control and contraceptives, maybe even something permanent..." Yeah I know we're crazy. I can understand it from her eyes. She looks at my chart, I'm 24, and this is my 4th child. Surely I just don't know how to stop getting pregnant. If I had any guts I would have said something to her about how I'm not just ignorant, but we actually do love kids and want them in our home. It's hard for other people to understand, and I have a hard time dealing with their reactions/opinions.


After I had Madison, I kept getting the impression that another child would be joining our family soon. I would bring it up to Kenny often and say, maybe I feel that way because Madi is such a good baby, or because I'm not nursing her, or some other reason. But then I got pregnant, and yes it caught us off guard. But I have had some powerful confirmations that this is right. This is what is supposed to happen and this baby is meant to come to our family at this time. I am grateful that the Spirit has given me that reassurance, because it's not easy now, and it's certainly not going to be easy later. And what I probably struggle with even more than just handling the kids, is that I know what other people think, and I see how they judge me. I know that's silly, and other people's opinions should be my last concern. But it's something I struggle with every day.


Okay so I wasn't meaning to just write that all down. But things are going well here in the Weston household. I'll try to take more pictures for the next post and not ramble so much.

3 comments:

Tina Braegger said...

hahaha Lindsay you crack me up! I will admit you guys are a little crazy ;) but what an awesome mom you are! It is so nice to see kids being born into a fam where the parents love each other and want the best for their family. I really admire you guys. So in that case...yeah keep getting pregnant! haha! And what the heck we need more cute kids in the world anyway!!! :)

Stacey said...

I don't think you're crazy at all! I love it! I think it's funny that I said the same things you were saying in my facebook message to you - How other people must think you're doing something wrong, or it's just not "right" to be so young with so many kids, but I think it's fabulous! You're raising your kids exactly how they should be, so Heavenly Father wants to give you more! :)

Carly said...

You are awesome, Lindsay- you are doing exactly what the Lord has asked of you and that is not EVER going to be the popular thing to do. You are seriously such an awesome mom and such an awesome example of what we latter-day women oughta be doing! I am so impressed, always, with you! HUGE congrats on this BIG surprise, I am so excited for you :)