Saturday, September 10, 2011

Kenny's B-day

This has been a pretty busy week! First of all, I want to say that I had no idea how much it rained here, and how little the sun shines. I think it's safe to say that Edward and the rest of the Cullen clan would be very happy here. The next twilight movie should be filmed here. Seriously it's kind of depressing, and winter's not even begun. But anyway. We've been trying to not let it keep us in too much, so I bought Ty and Bryn their own little umbrellas so they'll still go outside even as it rains off and on all day every day. They love those umbrellas.
There's a little forest area with a nice path through it in our neighborhood. Last week we went on a family walk and saw some deer in there. We weren't so lucky this time, but it is a fun place to explore. And no, it wasn't actually raining at this time, they just really like those umbrellas. Mostly I just love the way Brynlee says the word "umbrella". I think you can click on the collages to make them bigger. I thought it would save space by not putting up so many pictures.


Tuesday was Ty's first soccer practice, and Young Womens.
Wednesday Madi had her 9 month well check-up. She actually hasn't been in since she was 4 months old because we were in between states during her 6 month time and by the time I found a doctor, they said just hold off since she'll be coming in soon. I am sad I left the papers they gave me so I don't remember all the exact stats. But I do know that she is 26 pounds! No wonder my arms are falling off when I hold her. She's way off the charts for weight, but she's also between 90-100 % (I can't remember exactly) for height and head circ. so basically she's just a big girl. In the afternoon we went to one of the young women's volleyball games. That night I got to go to the Collis' house again to sit in on another missionary discussion. They are adopting a girl named Brandy, and she's one of my mia maids so it'll be very exciting if she joins the church. She's a real sweet girl, but such a rough background.

Thursday was Kenny's 28th Birthday!!! My friend Amy had her baby early that morning, so we kept her daughter Natalie for the day. We weren't able to run errands or get much ready, but we still celebrated that night. We went out to Cici's pizza for dinner. The plan was to pick up an ice cream cake from Cold Stone, but once Kenny saw how much they cost, he refused! I was so sad. I always make cakes because I love doing it, but we wanted to try an ice cream cake this year. But instead we went and picked up a Boston Cream Cake and some ice cream. We got him a remote control helicopter for his birthday haha. (He's really just a big kid.) But he and Tyler have a blast flying it together. We watched The Beaver that night after the kids went to bed. We thought it was supposed to be funny, but it was quite a depressing show... about depression. But anyway he's going to get a new suit and some brown shoes for his birthday also, we just need to go shopping. I don't dare pick out things like that for him, he's far too picky. :) I sure am grateful for Kenny and all he does for me and our family. We have gotten even closer over the last few months as I've been sick, and quite an emotional wreck. He helps me out so much and really steps up each week as I am gone a lot more for young womens stuff. He's an amazing father and works really hard. I love him so much.


Friday: Kenny came to the rescue again. He came home early from work so that I could go to a leadership training meeting. Sister Mary Cook from the Young Womens General Presidency came to speak to all the ward presidencies in our stake. Elder Ellis (I think??) from the seventy also came to speak and it was a really great experience. It went from 3-5:30. Then I went and grabbed some dinner, then went back for the fireside from 7-8:30. Sister Cook spoke again, this time to all the YW and their moms. Again, it was really neat to be there. She's an awesome lady, and I feel like I have a lot more clarity and direction with what I need to do. This is indeed a great work to be a part of. I got home a little after 9 and Kenny had taken care of everything again. The kids had a great time and were all fed and sleeping soundly when I got home. I told you, he's a rock star.

Today was Ty's first soccer game! Unfortunately, only 3 teammates showed up, and there were 6 on the other team. So they got creative and did some one-on-one games for a little while, then rotated one player from the other team come over and play on ours. The kids had fun and Tyler is starting to get more aggressive, like he's figuring out the game. It's fun to watch him improve. That place was a big mud bowl and all the kids got muddy. Brynlee, especially had fun playing during the game. Good thing another mom had given me the head's up and so I brought towels.







6 comments:

Cam said...

Happy birthday Kenny! Linds, you take the best pictures of your kids. Plus, they are beautiful kids.

Shelley said...

I told Matt that we are getting old. Kenny just turned 28! I remember when he was like 22? Ha..that means we are not far behind. Happy birthday, Kenny! I'm kind of jealous of that rain. Your kids are dang cute with their umbrellas!

Kimberly said...

Brynlee looks so dang cute in those pics!! And Happy belated Birthday to Kenny!

Porter Family said...

Love the muddy bum!!! :) Young women's is the busiest calling in all of church. It is amazing how much time I have with my kids now that I've been released. :) Enjoy it!!

Tina Braegger said...

Happy Birthday Kenny!! You guys sure know how to celebrate :)

Dax and Jen said...

Happy Birthday Kenny! Lindsay, you are still tiny, so stop talking about how much extra weight you have! I'm amazed at all you do, especially being pregnant and having 3 kids!