Sunday, September 4, 2011

Train and stuff

Hello again! It's been a little while. Things are going pretty well here. I think I'm pulling out of the worst part of pregnancy for me, so it's nice to be feeling mostly normal again. I'm sure my family is more than grateful also. I'm on some pill for hypothyroidism, which they've never told me I had before during pregnancy, so I find it odd. But whether it's the medicine or just me getting over the first trimester, I feel more and more like my old self each day, just with 10 extra fat pounds. But we won't go there, it really doesn't help with the whole depression thing.
So what have we been up to the last 2 weeks...?? I guess same ol' stuff. I took the kids to the zoo last week and that was fun. I figured out the free tram thing at the very end, so next trip will hopefully be much more successful, and I'll come home much less sore. For some reason they built their zoo on like the biggest hill Ohio has, and put the sharks and other cool animals at the very top, like 59 miles away. I was pushing a double stroller...anyway. Next time we'll know better, and we won't go on Senior Safari day ever again. Hundreds of oooold people in the way never helps a zoo experience.
We gave talks in church last week on emergency preparedness and I suppose it went well. Nobody boo'd us off the stand, so it's good to have that over with. The kids were less than pleasing, but that's most Sundays so what can I say.
I really can't remember what else we've been doing, but I do remember this weekend, plus a couple random pictures so I'll just get to that.

Brynlee is ALWAYS carrying around several toys/animals/things around that she finds around the house. Usually it's lots of small ones. But when she gets all her dolls and stuffed animals involved, she has to bust out the stroller. Then she pushes everything around with her, wherever she goes. It's hilarious. This particular morning she wanted to share in the joy of all her "stuff" with Madi. So after I finished feeding Mads her breakfast, Bryn piles up all her toys on her tray haha. Madi was very pleased.



Kenny had Friday off this last week and I love his days off. We went swimming for what I'm sure will be the last time this year. It hasn't been great swimming weather here lately, just like in the low 80's or high 70's so we haven't been going much. But all of the sudden it was in the 90's, so we went to the pool and recorded the kids and the progress they've made in swimming. Brynlee is really not that much better skill wise, but she still has no idea what to be afraid of so she just jumps in all the time and kicks her little feet till she gets to you, or till you pull her out of the water. You have to watch her carefully. But Tyler does awesome and I'm so proud of how far he's come. Kenny grilled us some hot dogs and corn on the cob for dinner and it was delish. I'd never grilled corn on the cob, but I loved it.


Saturday was great. Tyler has been praying to go on a train ride for a couple weeks now (I think he thinks prayers are more like wish lists...we're working on that.) But anyway we thought we'd make one of his little prayers come true so we went to the train station and only Kenny and I had to buy a ticket cuz kids under 6 are free! We rode the train into downtown Cleveland to see where daddy works and walk around a bit.












I'd say the train ride was great! They had fun watching out the window and looking at all the scary people that ride trains. Seriously I'll never do that by myself without fearing for my life. When we were standing by the tracks waiting for the train, a couple other trains would pass by and Brynlee was terrified! Thankfully Kenny was already holding her, because she was shaking and making the saddest face ever. It was a little loud and windy for her, but inside the train was fine.


This is daddy's cubicle he works in. He's part of a great big "cube farm" :).
And below is Tyler pretending to do "daddy's work". I remember going to see my dad's offices and I always thought it was so cool.


Below is the building he works in, called Tower City Center. It's a really nice building, with a big gallery mall and stuff. We ate lunch in the food court where he usually eats and just got a little taste of where he is every day.


Behind is some cool soldiers and sailors monument. Poor Madi is passed out in Kenny's arms. She was so so tired.


On the way back home we were sitting backwards...ty couldn't get over it haha.


We got home and I finished making my fancy chocolate cream cake (from the lion house cookbook--go make it!!) because I have been craving chocolate cake with chocolate frosting for days now! We also made some guacomole and mac and cheese for the kids, then went over to Deron and Kaitlyn Hook's house (friends from the ward) to watch the BYU game!! There were a few other families there and we ate yummy cafe rio pork salad and enjoyed a fantastic game! Go cougs!! And yes, we did bring the cake to share, although today I'm halfway regretting that decision, because I want some more! :) It was fun to get to know some other couples better, we really love this ward and the great people in it.


1 comment:

Elise said...

So cute of you to answer Ty's prayers :).

I'm glad you're over the worst of pregnancy!

I can't believe how much Madi looks like Ty.