Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day and 9 months

I was sad to have Kenny go back to work today. But it was a nice 4-day weekend with him home. On Monday it was chilly and cloudy so we thought it would be a good zoo day. I knew it would be a better experience since this time we brought Kenny (who can actually read those zoo maps!), and the camera, and we rode the tram up the big hill. :) I dressed up the girls in their cute animal print pants and they looked so cute. We had a great time, and probably could've even used jackets--it was chilly! I loved it so much I cracked open our windows at home and made chicken noodle soup for dinner. I'm so excited it's fall.



We brought a lunch and enjoyed eating by the lake with flamingos, swans, and ducks. We really tried to get a cute picture of the 3 kids, but this is as good as we got.

Madison turned 9 months old yesterday!! She is so much fun and even though she's still a really good baby, she has been showing more of a feisty personality lately. She crawls really quickly now all over the house and stands up to things really fast too. I was worried that because she's so heavy that it might slow her down developmentally, but it hasn't. She is really strong. If she sees the bathroom door open, she speed crawls over to it and heads straight for the bathtub. Taking a bath is her favorite thing to do, but Ty and Bryn get annoyed quickly with her excessive splashing. She jibber jabbers and spits her food and all those other things 9 month old babies do. She keeps us laughing all the time and we all still ooh and aah over her. She has beautiful eyes with long eyelashes and her brown hair is filling in nicely. You are guaranteed a laugh every time you wipe her bum when changing a diaper. She is pretty ticklish and thinks it's so funny to have her bum changed. She has discovered the greatness of big people food and would MUCH rather eat off of our plates then a jar of baby food. I don't blame her. We love our mads to pieces!

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Where did Byn get that beautiful blonde hair? You both are so dark. I love their print pants! Too cute! It looks like you guys had a fun weekend. I love your past few updates. Your kids are adorable!!

Shalean said...

Hey Linds! I haven't been on your blog in a long time! I am so excited for you and your new arrival in the Spring! Every time you would talk about not feeling well, I would get a little nautious! You are amazing and I love watching your little family grow!!! Best of luck and I hope you begin to feel better! I wish we lived closer so I could bring you shakes or something tasty on those awful days:)

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Fun to go together as a family, much easier too I'm sure. The girls look so cute with their animal print pants!