Sunday, June 24, 2012

Fathers day (and other stuff)


We had a great father's day! I love honoring the fabulous fathers in our lives. First of all, my husband Kenny is the greatest dad. Our kids love him to pieces and his homecoming each night is the highlight of our day! I'm lucky to have him be the father of my children. Unfortunately, he didn't get very spoiled. His gift (a photo book I made with lots of pics of him and the kids) didn't arrive until Monday. But he had gone fishing again the day before and caught some more salmon. So we had salmon for his father's day dinner since he loves it so much. The sad part of this story, is he's the only one that loves it so much. I did eat some, but I really just don't like sea food. Go here for our dinner recipe. Go here to see what we ate for dessert.
This picture is from Easter, because we failed to take a picture on father's day. Lame.

My own dad is an incredible example to me. We've always had a really good relationship, and it means so much to me. He's one of the best men I've ever known and I'm so grateful for the things he taught me growing up, and continues to teach me.

Here's some other random pictures of things from the last week or two. I've got to get all caught up because we've got family visiting for the next couple weeks! :) Hooray for family coming to see us!

Saturday night when Kenny got back from fishing we picked up some pizza and went to the Coastal Trail and had a picnic. Then we played around on the playground and went for a walk.



The bay--view from the trail

This was the view from our living room window the other night after some good rain. See the double rainbow? It was about 11 p.m. whent his was taken.

The girls were playing with their doll house. Tyler comes in and sets up 5 of his guys (Batman, Moroni, Transformers, etc.) around it. He said they were protecting the house from bad guys :). I thought it was so cute. Boys are such instinctive protectors! My favorite is the top middle, Captain Moroni standing guard!

We've been riding our bikes a lot--Bryn has improved a lot, and really quickly.

Going on a walk at OSP

1 comment:

Bekah said...

I love the picture with Tyler's guys protecting the house. That's awesome :)