Thursday, July 5, 2012

Part 4: Reindeer Farm

Thankfully, the kids all took a nap on our way back from Alyeska, so they were all ready to go once we arrived at the reindeer farm! Kenny had found some good tickets from Groupon so we were excited to be using them. I love going to things like this because it's fun to see different aspects of my kids' personalities come out. I like to see how they each handle different situations and who's afraid where others are more comfortable. Unfortunately I didn't get to see most of it because I ended up going back to the car to feed Kelsey and see if I could get her to rest. But they took a lot of pictures, so it's alright :). We first saw the moose, Denali. He was Huge! We each took a turn feeding him (Kenny did it from his mouth, to the moose's mouth! The picture's below.) From there I left and went to the car. They went on and saw a bison, then the highlight--the reindeer! Apparently the only difference between reindeer and caribou is that caribou are wild, reindeer are captive. They're the same animal, though which I didn't know before. Tyler was much more brave than the girls and really loved feeding these guys. He obviously takes after his dad in that department. Brynlee wouldn't feed them, and only petted them from behind when they weren't looking :). Madi was curious, but very cautious and ran away if they got too close. We even got lucky because the sun came out!!









No comments: