Monday, March 18, 2013

Our Week in Pictures

 Last Saturday (the 16th), Kenny and I took turns going on a "date" with one of the kids. I took Brynlee ice skating for her first time and boy was that an adventure haha. I was so sore the next day from holding her/catching her the whole time! But I was really proud of the progress she made in the short time we were there. At first she couldn't even let go of the wall with either hand and had absolutely zero balance. But by the end she would skate for a little ways without holding on to me or the wall! So I would call that a success :). Above picture, we got ice cream cones while waiting for the rink to open up to the public. Below: She skates!

Kenny and Tyler went and saw the movie, Escape From Planet Earth and got lunch. Here they are looking so handsome ready for church. Tyler loves that they match in their suits :)
 
FHE on Monday we talked about faith being like a seed, and planted some seeds. Kenny was working late that night so I didn't have any help and they were very quick movers. So I'm not even sure how many seeds are in each pot, or if some got negelcted entirely. I guess we'll see with time.
 
Don't know what day this was, but they built quite the intricate zoo for all of the animals, each kind with its own respective cage. The dinosaurs got their own cages, in the far corner of the room so as to not eat the others :)

This is how Ty and Bryn go on walks with us. They will not walk on the road, but prefer to climb over every snow pile on the side of the road and take every challenge/obstacle head on. It makes it entertaining for the little girls in the stroller, that's for sure.


These two are just such good buddies. I love their relationship. I'm so glad that they have each other to play with. Brynlee is sort of like the middle child in the sense that Kelsey isn't old enough to play with. So she can play really well with Tyler, and also with Madison. But every day when Madi is napping (and it usually overlaps with Kelsey's nap too) I kick these two outside to get somne fresh air and play, while I clean up the house from the crazy morning. While I am teaching the older two school and piano, the little girls are free to wreak havoc on the house. So Ty and Bryn get sent out to play while I clean up. Some days I'll go out with them for a few minutes too, but I think it's better when I'm not there. They have so much fun together, playing in the igloo and roaming around back behind the fence. It's just them and the big open world, and they feel like such grand explorers going through all those trees in the deep snow. In their minds it's a great adventure every day!
 

Like I said, these Bryn and Madi play very well together too. Usually dolls and animals. Here I think Brynlee is a horse :)
 
Messy eaters. Kelsey loves Mac and Cheese, and Madi enjoys girl scout cookies :)

I love how she loves books

We created our own "Spring Scene" with flowers, butterflies, flowers, rainbows, sunshine...all our favorite things about spring. Alaska doesn't really get spring. We are beginning "the break off" or "melt" right now, but we are excited and anxious for the snow and ice to melt.
Saturday morning we went on a fun family walk and tested out the new backpack carrier thing we got for Kelsey's b-day. I told Kenny I wanted to get one for all the hikes we will be going on this summer. So he found one in great condition at a pawn shop for less than half what it normally costs! I was so happy about it. It works great and Kelsey has never been so happy for so long outside with us!
Carrying Kelsey on his back and Madi on his front. :) The night before I was up in the middle of the night with Kelsey. I was carrying her back downstairs to bed with her in one arm and her bottle in the other. I slipped and fell and landed on my back pretty hard and bounced down several steps before stopping. Luckily Kels was fine and I wasn't hurt too bad, but my back has been hurting this weekend. That's why he's carrying all the kids.

It was pretty cold, but nice and sunny! We found lots of tracks that were fun for the kids to identify. Captain Kenny is the best guy to explore with. In the pictures above there are mice tracks on left and rabbits on the far right.

I ended up being gone alot this week; Wed. was YW, Thurs. was a YW Aux. training meeting, Fri. I babysat for a temple swap, and Sat. I went to a soccer game for one of the YW. Kenny got bedtime duty 3 nights in a row and was very helpful. I always know that the kids are in good hands and having a fun time at home whenever I have to leave. I appreciate his support so much.

3 comments:

Elise said...

I just love your blog! Your kids are so sweet and you inspire me to be a better mom :).

Cam said...

Amen to Elise's comment!

Cam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.