Saturday, February 15, 2014

Happy 7th Birthday Tyler!

Tuesday, February 11th, my oldest child turned 7 years old!! Agh! I wish he would slow down a little bit. But he is growing into quite a great boy so I can't complain. He requested waffles with nutella, strawberries, and whip cream. He even got to enjoy it with just mom and dad because the girls slept in and daddy had to go to work. So he liked the one on one (or two) time with us. That morning he said, "I really do feel bigger!"

 We tried to go to a fun indoor bounce house place called Pump it Up (we also went there for his b-day last year! he loves it). And although they should have been open, nobody was at work that day...I've heard other similar mysterious stories about that place. I think they might be going out of business or something. Anyway he was super bummed and there's really not much else to do. So we came home and opened his presents.
 His favorite present that day was from Grandma--his very own science microscope, with a kit to make your own slides. He had to sport the nerdy safety goggles for a pic. :) He really loves science.
Also, one of his other presents was a date with me to see The Piano Guys perform on Saturday (the 8th). He loved the music and we had fun, even though we didn't get to sit together!! I barely got tickets (it was completely sold out) and there were none left together. So we were two rows apart, but both on the ends so it wasn't hard to see him.

 He pleaded with me to decorate his own birthday cake, and of course I'm not going to say no to that! He is really into monsters, and is very creative with all the different ways he draws monsters every day. He had so much fun decorating it, and I think he did a great job!

That night after dinner we went to see the new Lego movie which he really loved. We came home and had cake and ice cream late. Once they were good and sugared up, we sent them to bed :).

We sure love our Ty man. He is such a great example to his sisters (and his parents!). I love his pure heart and desire to always do what's right. We are so blessed to have you in our family Ty! Happy Birthday bud.

1 comment:

Cam said...

I can't believe Bryn is 5 and Ty is 7!! Two of the cutest kids ever. I love the monster cake too! Teach me your ways Linds!