Monday, July 28, 2014

Webbtons Days 6-9

Saturday, July 19th: We didn't have a whole lot planned for the day, but I think they were all ready for a breather. We went down the road to the Iditarod Museum, which is literally only a few minutes from our house and we had never been to it. It's not anything huge, but fun to see. We watched their movie and played with the adorable puppies, who are all future sled dogs. They were seriously cute. We had a delicious dinner of grilled salmon, wild rice and fresh green beans. That night we got some major treats (popped popcorn, doughnuts, and salt water taffy!) and had a fun movie night. We introduced our kids to the movie Andre, about a girl and her seal friend. We used to watch it when we were little kids at my grandparents house, and they all loved it. 




Sunday we stayed home, except for church of course. These kids just play and play and play. 

Monday July 21st. Unfortunately, Kenny's partying days were over and he had to return to work after a glorious week off. I can't remember the last time he had a whole week off! I was so grateful he took that time off, especially having just barely started at his job. But it was all talked about and worked out when he got hired, so they were kind to be so flexible. Anyway, we packed a lunch and headed up to Independence Gold Mine/Hatcher Pass. It's so fun to see those old buildings and get a glimpse into how their lives were. I can't imagine raising children in that kind of a place, but those strong women (and men) did it. We hiked around, picnicked, and enjoyed the beautiful weather. The kids loved walking around in the cold lake, and dipping their heads in. Uncle Andrew got more daring and ended up swimming in it for a few seconds before his muscles literally would seize up and he could hardly walk out of the water! haha. It was very entertaining for all the kids who kept chanting for him to do it again!!




They dunked their heads in 



Tuesday, July 22nd: This was our last day with them! We ended up just going to Wasilla Lake, a few min. away. While it's not very touristy, it ended up being just great. The kids (and Andrew) love swimming in the lake and playing hard building in the gravel sand.




I know, I'm huge


I drove them to the airport that night, though their flight didn't leave until 1 a.m.! I always feel so bad for people coming and going from Anchorage, the flights are never good times. I'm sure it was rough, but we were SOO grateful that they made the trip out here. We had such a blast and made some really great memories. I loved spending that time with my sister, and I'm always glad when the kids get to be with their cousins. I know how much I cherish my relationships I have with my (many) cousins and hope they all can grow up with the same. They make fantastic friends. Thanks again Webbs! Come back soon :).

No comments: