Sunday, July 27, 2014

Webbtons Day 5

Friday, July 18th: We started the day out at the Reindeer Farm, because that's a no-fail place with kids. They always love the animals and it's very hands-on. We always have fun feeding the reindeer (except for Madison who cries because of how overwhelming it is), and the super tall elk. Then we went to the Farmer's Market (Steph's favorite!) there in Palmer and pulled out our picnic lunch. 








Kelsey always had to wear uncle Andrew's hat. She's recently developed hyper-sensitivity to wind and will sit there holding her little ponytails. She's SO stressed out (to the point of crying) that her elastics might blow away. Strange, and irrational fear. I'm not sure why she just all of the sudden developed this fear, but I sure hope it goes away soon. In the meantime, she wears hats and jackets with hoodies.

From here we separated. They went on to the incredible and awesome Matanuska Glacier. I didn't think that was a good idea for me at 37 weeks pregnant. Nor is it easy to do with little kids. So I brought home Madison and Kelsey with me. They slept for about 3 hours! We had really been just going and going and I was feeling pretty sore today too. So it was nice for us to all get a little rest for the afternoon. I was sad to miss it though. Especially since the last time we went was an ordeal, I have been wanting a chance to go back with a better attitude :). But I enjoyed seeing the amazing pictures they brought home and they all seemed to like it.












1 comment:

Charity said...

So fun that you got to have cute Steph and fam for such a great visit. You are such a trooper doing all of that so close to due date. I'm impressed. I am always amazed at what a beautiful place you live and how you are so good to take advantage of it and get out and do so much with all your cute kids.