Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Inside and Out

As I mentioned in the last post, we have been working on our living room. I have had a vision of how I wanted it for (years?) a long time. And now it's finally set up the way I want and we all love it! We got rid of the TV. Okay, not torally got rid of it, but it feels like it because it's been moved upstairs to the game room! Along with that awful sectional couch that took up way to much space and left awkward and not-enough seating. We moved the computer desk, and put the homeschool desk on the other side of the room, and brought down a bookshelf (that was in the game room) so we can have our books in here where we actually need them! The piano is in here now (and our entry way is very empty). But now we can actually use it for FHE, etc. it's in a much more accessible, central location. We got some new couches so there's actually enough places to sit when we have people over, and Kenny got the rocking/recliner chair he's always wanted. A "papa bear chair" as I call it. :) Anyway, I know it's not a big deal to anyone else but it's big for me. This is the room that is the most used. Everyone is in here and the kitchen more than anywhere else in the house so I really wanted it to be the most cozy, homey, functional, and to focus on our family and our priorities. Definitely not TV. Couches for conversation and reading, piano, books, everything in here. Moving on...



The chicken coop also got finished up this weekend. FOR REAL THIS TIME. Kenny built a door on it and finished putting the chicken wire on it, and also put roofing on the ramp so it doesn't deteriorate in the rain/snow. It looks great now and is a perfect little house for our chickens.
 It also needed to be cleaned out! So the kids had to sweep/rake out all the yucky crap (literally) and gross wood chips and replace them with a fresh bed. It was a dirty, stinky job. But I think they had fun :).

 On Saturday ALL DAY was a cub scout garage sale to raise money for the boys to go to cub scout camp (...in 2016). Tyler and I were there at 7:30 a.m. helping to set up. We stayed for 2 hours and then went home. I was back helping from 3-5, then Kenny and Ty went and helped take everything down again about an hour later. Phew! Glad that thing is over with. I had caught the sickness in our family by this day and felt worse and worse as the day progressed.
I just realized these pics are out of order...Friday night it was after 6 when I looked at the clock and realized I needed to feed my children. Ty was still mowing the lawn and Kenny was outside supervising and also doing yard work. But we made them stop and went and picked up some pizza and took it to the lake/park.

 Tyler even decided to take a dunk or two in the freezing cold water. He's a big cray-cray. madison tried to follow suit, but I wouldn't let her since she was already sick with a cold--that would definitely not help!

Sunday I stayed home from church with the 3 youngest since we all have coughs/colds. It was a good, relaxing Sunday. But  my favorite part is always at night when we do a big google hangout. We are all over the world, literally. But we always take time to connect and catch up. We're also reading and discussing a book my Grandpa wrote, The Book of Mormon and the Constitution. That makes for great political discussions. I love my family.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

This is weird, but I could feel your joy when I was reading about your living room! haha like I totally understand that feeling, and I'm so happy for you. It feels so good to make little improvements in your house that actually make a big difference in your days! From one nerdy Mom to the other I guess!