Sunday, June 14, 2015

A Full House

This week we had lots of extra people for several days. On Tuesday and Wednesday we got to watch my friend Miriah's little boys so she could go to girls camp. We only had 2 on Tuesday, Declan (3) and Leland (2) and then baby Thayer joined us on Wednesday too. It was a party. They are the cutest little boys and it was fun to have them around. 



Bryn likes to take selfies on my phone.

Kenny's been shopping around online for a truck for many weeks and finally decided to do it. He got a great deal on this truck and it will be even better once he gets the smell of dog out :). It will be helpful to have for his projects, helping people move, fishing, hauling in the lawn mower to Anchorage every week to mow the grass at our duplex, and also just having a good four wheel drive/tough car for the winters here. The kids are thrilled with it and ask to go on rides approximately every 15 minutes. ;) 

On Thursday afternoon our cousins came over! The original plan was that the dads were going to go fishing overnight and be gone all day Friday, then get back that night. (they both had Fri. off of work). But at the last minute they changed their minds and decided to stick around. They camped out in the backyard with the kids, and took Tyler and Skyler fishing the next morning for a little while. I am sure they would have had fun fishing, but I always think it's fun to have them around more. We see him so little as it is. All the kids really loved sleeping outside in the tent, even though they didn't get to sleep until after midnight!! I'm not a very fun mom and I pretty much never let them do things like this, mostly because I don't feel like they're old enough to handle it. Everyone gets so grumpy the next 2 days trying to recover from a lack of sleep. We do not allow sleepovers ever unless it's cousins, so they thought it was a really fun treat. They woke up and came into some hot chocolate and pancakes. That afternoon we went over to Palmer for the Colony Days celebration. It probably would have been a lot of fun if we were willing to spend money, but we didn't. So it wasn't that great (again with the grumpy kids thing) and we came home earlier than I thought we would. But they all got their faces painted and got a balloon. 


 Painting and picnicking while the older boys and dads were gone fishing. I don't have any pictures of that though, because I wasn't there to take them :).




Kelsey's not in the picture because she was off pouting. Oh well.
Saturday Kenny and I both did a 6 mile run. One week until race day!! Agh! I'm getting nervous. I got my best time ever though (for 6 miles) and was feeling good about that. Little did I know I was going to wish my legs had more strength for later! (that's for the next post).

No comments: