Sunday, June 28, 2015

Summer Days

A few highlights from the week: Wednesday we had a big cub scout activity. Thankfully we've cut back to only one activity a month, instead of one a week. I love it! It's only for the summer, but I'm enjoying the break. Anyway we all met up at the church then drove down to Eagle River Nature Center and went on a hike. It's a rowdy, fun, hyper, crazy group of boys but they are good and Tyler has a blast with them. Lots of families of the boys were there too. Including me and my brood. I carried Brigham around in the heavy backpack carrier the whole time and now I know what Kenny goes through when we hike together :). He's always the one that carries that big lug and now I'll be more grateful. Anyway we had a fun time.



Tuesday and Thursday we went to running group which is always fun. Thursday they did some yoga too before running and it was so cute. My kids have horrible balance haha.


 They all went off on some trail together as a group, but I stayed back with my younger 3 because I didn't have a stroller or anything. We were waiting in the car and when they all came back, Brynlee walks up holding this huge bouquet of wildflowers she picked. I just had to smile at my flower-loving girl. We're both pretty happy the fireweed is exploding all over now.

 Kelsey gets so worn out at running group. She doesn't participate with the group, but she and Madi run their little hearts out too. When we came home I was reading to them all on the couch and she fell asleep on me.

 Friday Kenny had the day off and we just stuck around and got work done. It was a productive day and always fun to be together. I always wish we could just like live on a farm or something so Kenny and I can work together or at least near each other all day. It's fun. That night I took Tyler out on a date. We just went to Subway and ate dinner together and talked. I talked to him about his transitioning from Core phase, to Love of Learning phase (in the TJED model). I talked about the importance of him taking responsibility for his own education, what I expect of him this coming school year, what he's interested in learning, how I can help him achieve his goals, etc. He's a good kid and I'm proud of him. He does a great job.




 We eat dinner and lunch outside a lot because it's just so nice. This night I grilled hamburgers and even bought a bag of potato chips, which I never do. These girls sat here after dinner and devoured what was left of the bag.


 After our little date we came back and Kenny set up a zip line in our backyard!! I had mentioned to him weeks ago how it would be really fun to have a zip line, but I also said several other things. It was more of a "here's my dream backyard" speech. But he just came home from Lowe's with all the stuff and wanted it up that night. The kids LOVE it to say the least. We didn't really have anything to use for them to sit in. Then I remembered when I was little, my cousin Kenny Kartchener came and stayed with us in France and he made us a swing from our tree using a bat. So I knew that would work! :) Daddy makes everything fun!




 Saturday morning I got up early and drove to Anchorage to go to the temple. Kenny came in afterwards with the kids and we met up at our duplex. Kenny mowed the lawns, and then I did 4 showings back to back. We've got a change in tenants so it's back on the market. But it was a successful day. Afterwards we stopped to say hi to cousins for a bit, then headed back home.

Today we had the missionaries over for dinner and Kenny did home teaching. Oh one more funny thing. On either Monday or Tuesday, Madison and Kelsey were so grumpy and just constantly fighting and screaming at each other. So I sent them both upstairs to time out in separate bedrooms. After a minute it got quiet and I was busy making dinner so I certainly wasn't hurrying up there to talk with them. But when I went up I found both of them fast asleep. :) Yes, it ruined their bedtime but I definitely let them sleep for a little bit because heaven knows they needed it, and I was really enjoying the peace :).


1 comment:

Cam said...

I think you guys are the coolest family in America! I love reading your blog.