Wednesday, July 1, 2009

He's just so into me

Last night after a full day, Kenny and I watched the movie, "He's just not that into you". I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. We had to skip through SO many parts and it was still filthy and swore so much, and after it was over we were both apologizing to the other that we hadn't just turned it off. It was, however, very enlightening as to the modern, worldly views on love, marriage, and relationships. It left me feeling upset that they're teaching these terrible morals (or the lack thereof) through movies, and sad that people really feel that way. One guy, (Ben Affleck) refused to marry the woman he'd been living with for 7 years because he didn't believe in marriage. He told her that she didn't have to go write out a $45 check to the state of Maryland just to get a friendship certificate to prove that she and her girl friends were actually friends. What a bizarre comparison! But I suppose that without the gospel standpoint, marriage really doesn't mean anything or matter if you're fine with co-habitating. Anyways, I won't go on and on, like Kenny and I did talking about it (throughout the movie ha). It was just annoying to be reminded of what the media is teaching, and how incorrect people's ideas of love, marriage, and life, really are.

After it was over and we were getting ready for bed, Kenny went in to cover up Ty and discovered that he had already peed through his diaper and all over his sheets. We don't call him little wizzer for nothin. The kid can let. it. out. So I went in to help. Kenny changed his diaper and I changed his sheets, we got him back in bed and tucked in. As we left the room, Kenny comes up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist and says, "And that's what it's all about."
Gosh I love my man.

2 comments:

Porter Family said...

You should have called before you rented it. I would have told you to run the other way. Almost all of those storylines really ticked me off. Yeah, don't get me started. :)

Elise said...

Thank you for that review! That movie was just a couple movies down in my Netflix Queue, so I appreciate knowing to stay away from it!