Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July 4th Weekend in Houston

We left here Wed. around 2 or 2:30 and didn't get to my parent's house until about 5:30 a.m. We took a different way there that we thought had more freeways than it did. So it ended up taking an hour or two more than the other way. But we did drive through a lot of Kenny's mission in Missouri and Arkansas, and that was really fun. More for him because it brought back so many memories to him, but I enjoyed listening to him talk about it all. We also drove through Plano (near Dallas) where I used to live and I wanted to show him my old house and where I went to school and stuff so bad. But it was like 1 or 2 in the morning, so we just hope to do it some other time. It was so great to be home. My sister, Steph and her two kids had gotten there a couple days earlier. I love hanging out with them. Here's our weekend in more pictures than you care to see.




Tim's reaction after Ty gives him a hug and then says, "Tim you all sweaty!" (which he was)

Ty and Eva helping grandma make some bread/scones. These two were inseperable.


Even our food was patriotic
My most adorable nephew, Leighton

The whole fam damily. Everyone but Kim and Caleb, and Andrew that is. We missed you two! Don't you LOVE our matching shirts? "Awesome Andersens 2009" Andrew, Steph's husband, is currently deployed (he's in the Air Force) and living in Kuwait. We are so proud of him, and grateful for their service to our country.


The happy couple! Cami and Tyler get married Aug. 8th and are very anxious :)

It's too hot outside to do anything but swim. And swim we did.

I loved watching Ty at the pool more than anything. He progressively got more and more brave in the handful of times we went to the pool. He loves to jump off the edge and he'll go all the way under the water and then come up, swim back over to the edge and do it. Again and again and again.

Popsicles help keep them cool while taking a break from jumping on the tramp.

Hydrating himself at the mini-parade we went to where my lil sis Sarah, showed off her cheerleading skills.



Ty with his soon-to-be-missionary, uncle Jeff

Other things that happened that aren't photographed: I got my hair cut, Steph, kenny and I went to the movie theaters (that's been a while) and saw "My Sister's Keeper" and I cried. We also gathered around the piano and sang on Sunday night, just like old times. I love that more than anything. We left Sunday night around 9:30 and drove through the night again. Ty threw up a ton, starting around 4, which made for an interesting remainder of the trip home. We got home around noon and Kenny showered, then went into work. We're just getting back into the swing of things and trying to catch up on sleep where we can. Travelling at night is sure the easiest with kids, but it's so hard on us. All in all, we are so glad we went and had a wonderful day celebrating our great nation. I love America!

2 comments:

Dax and Jen said...

Sounds like a great 4th of July! Hope everything is going well for you. Love the pictures. :)

Shalee and Andy Weston said...

It looks like you guys had an awesome time in Texas. We sure missed you guys but I am glad that you were able to spend time with your family.