Wednesday, July 8, 2009

No shoes, no shirt, no problem




See all the ducks in the picture? They were lucky enough to be the recipients of our left-over ritz crackers. Then ty decided to throw sand and massive sticks at them because he's a little boy and that's what they do. No ducks were injured in the taking of this picture.




This little beach area is about a quarter of a mile down the road from our house. It's our new hang out spot since the dreaded snake ruined our other one. But this one's much better anyway; what with the sand, mini-playground, picnic tables, and a couple of swings to boot!

We brought a little picnic lunch and stayed for a couple of hours. Ty never wants to leave. I have to say that he takes the best naps after mornings like these :). It obviously wore Brynlee out, too. She is such a water baby and loves being outside more than anything. I'm not a very big fan of the green, slimy water (I'm always weary of any natural bodies of water--I blame it on growing up in clean, public pools in Houston) but Tyler didn't mind a bit. He wished he had his arm floaties though. I'll have to get some for him, I'd feel better about him swimming.

Have I mentioned I love living here?

4 comments:

Caitlin said...

that looks like so much fun! we have a little beach about 20 minutes from here and makenna loves it!

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

Oh I just love reading your posts. So clever and I always laugh.

The Millers said...

Hi Linds !
Your pictures are so cute! I took my blog off private so you'll have to keep in touch!
bmillerski.blogspot.com

Dani said...

Lily had the same outfit for the 4th! Brynlee looks just as adorable in it as Lily. :)