Friday, May 13, 2011

Announcement and lots more stuff

ANNOUNCEMENT: We just found out a couple days ago that we are moving to Cleveland, Ohio!! I will admit that when I first heard, I cried. I was really set on being here at least through the summer, to spend time with all my sisters. I really miss them. But we should be there beginning to mid-June. (So much for that half-marathon in San Antonio, maybe we can find another one in Ohio.)We are really excited about this next adventure! Since we don't get a choice in where we live, we've decided to just love it all. It's a darn good thing they told us when they did or we would have signed some kind of contract for renting a house or apt. within a few days! So I'm very glad about that. We are getting relocated there, so they would have had movers come and take care of all our stuff which is ironic because WE already had to do ALL the work. It's nicely packed and sitting in a storage unit. Lame. I'm trying to see if Kenny can get the money they would have spent on that anyway from them so we can get something out of it. The tentative plan is that we'll be there for about 18 months before they try to get us out in the field, which means another project. Isn't life exciting?!

My mom had a birthday yesterday!! We had a theme: Celebrate 48! She was gone at the temple in the morning with my dad so it gave us a little time to get some things ready. She came home to 48 balloons in her bedroom...
48 chocolates on her bed

A $48 gift card to her favorite nail salon. Also a large card with 48 things we love about our mom (all of the kids except Jeff added to it). And we had her favorite strawberry cheesecake that night with what should have been 48 candles.


Happy birthday to my wonderful mother!


Last night we finally took the girls to the instacare and they both had fluid in their ears and are now on an antibiotic. Hopefully we'll see an improvement within the next 24 hours--I hate having sick kids. I don't seem to be getting any better, and might even be getting worse, so I'll probably do the same thing sometime soon.

5 comments:

Elise said...

Always an adventure! I'm excited that you have a destination! We're still waiting...

Stacey said...

Congratulations on your exciting news!! Cody served his mission in Cleveland!

Tina Braegger said...

Wow! Cleveland! That will be quite the adventure :) Hope your move and everything goes well. You guys seem to so well where ever you are. You always have such a good attitude! Good luck!

Alyse and Carlos said...

We're moving to Pittsburgh in August, so we'll only be 2 hours away. :)

Porter Family said...

Cleveland is lots closer to us! :) Did you tell Terra yet? Good luck! We miss you guys!