Friday, May 13, 2011

Mothers Day and More

All of these pictures are from last week. We've been loving the hot sun here, and the kids have had a blast doing all things related to water. Including jumping on the trampoline with the sprinkler underneath...

This one of Madi was when they were swimming at the neighbors across the street. They have a pool in their backyard but are living across the world for a while. My mom and Tim take care of the house, yard, mail, etc. so they let us swim whenever we want.

And of course the pools, of which there are an abundance here in Houston. The waterpark one opened up last weekend, and we had a grand ol time. Madi's first time swimming was definitley a success (even though I couldn't find her swimming suit anywhere--it's brand new too! she still has yet to wear it).

My brother Tim is a lifeguard so he was working while we swam. But during his break he helped Tyler learn to swim without floaties. He's no pro yet, but he's getting there.

Brynlee is a little water-baby and was in absolute heaven the whole time. It's always a fight to get her out of the pool when we have to leave. She would sleep in water if she could.





I was starting to not feel well, the night before and thought it was because of the hard run Kenny and I went on. But I was still supposed to do 8 miles that day (half-marathon training) and I didn't want to miss out totally. So that night I went and felt like it was a huge accomplishment to do 5. I walked one more and went home, thinking I should probably listen to my body. The next day, mother's day, I woke up sick. And so were my girls. So we all stayed home from church, and I barely made it out of my pajamas for the yummy dinner. My dad made a yummy breakfast that morning of omelets, bagels, and strawberries with nutella! Kenny had taken the kids to the store the night before and let them each pick out a necklace for me, and flowers :). It was so cute when they walked into my room, each wearing the one they picked out. So sweet. I sure feel like the luckiest mom to have 3 beautiful, wonderful children. I think they're just the greatest things in the world. I also feel so blessed to have such a fabulous mother. She is an incredible example to me and I love her so much. Being a mom is one hefty, eternal calling. But it continually brings me closer to the Savior and teaches me so much. I am so grateful that I am a mom, and that I'm surrounded by amazing women who teach me how to be better. Happy mother's day to all the lovely ladies out there.

1 comment:

Elise said...

Dang, Linds! You are already back to your 90-lb self! I'm jealous!