Monday, May 9, 2011

Holy catch up

Wow! I really need to catch up here.

Okay so Easter was Sunday, April 24th. It was a rainy day, and we did not take a single picture. Which is pretty much like a sin on easter, because that's THE day to take family pictures. Fortunately, we had some done the previous week by a professional, and this is what one looks like. I put up a lot more on facebook. But this was my favorite family one. Church was great, the kids looked cute, they ate too much candy, and we talked about the Savior and His resurrection. The Pearsons were kind enough to invite us over for easter dinner and it was SO delicious. Rochelle is a fabulous cook and they are great friends. The kids did a little easter egg hunt and we visited and then went home.


That week was absolutely crazy packing up and loading the U-Haul and getting everything ready to go. On Wednesday Lisa Bowerman took the kids for the day so I could get a lot done. On Thursday my 2 friends Kaylene and Lorren showed up (along with their husbands) and helped clean and rearrange the truck to fit more, and watched the kids while I took a trip to Goodwill, etc. They were all basically heaven-sent angels and I couldn't have gotten everything done without them. We really did think we could and would get it all done by ourselves, but I was humbled and taught a very good lesson...ACCEPT HELP! I was very grateful for them recognizing the fact that I wouldn't ask for it, so they just showed up or demanded to help and it turned out I really did need it all.


Friday, April 29th was our 5-year anniversary, which is pretty funny. Funny, because we obviously weren't able to celebrate at all.




We had been up till 2 a.m. the night before, loading the truck more, cleaning out the garage, and the house, etc. We got up early that morning and Lisa showed up again to help. Kenny only worked for a couple hours, then came home and we finished up everything. We flew my brother Tim up to help me drive down with the kids. Kenny drove the U-Haul and pulled his car on a trailer behind it. Tim rode with me & kids in the van and we took turns driving. We picked him up at the airport and were on our way. We stopped in Jackson, Mississippi that night in a hotel. We joked about how most people stay in a hotel for their anniversary, but they don't bring along their 16 year old brother, and their 3 children haha. The next day we finished the trip, between 7-8 hours each day so not too bad. It was extremely helpful to have Tim there.




When we got here, we took the U-haul straight to the storage unit. I dropped the kids off with my mom, said hi and bye. Tim had called some buddies and we had several people help us unload the truck so it got done pretty quickly. Again, we were so grateful for the help. People are just so kind. I hope we can serve and help others the way people have helped us.


Since being here we have just been trying to get a little settled and look for somewhere to live and figure life out. I still have dreams almost nightly about either packing and moving, or looking for houses/apartments. I will just wake up and not be able to go back to sleep for a long time. Can we say stress? So things are still up in the air, but we are so glad we can be here at my parent's house in the mean time while we figure it out. Sarah gave up her room so we have 2 bedrooms and a bathroom all to ourselves and we feel very spoiled. The kids love the trampoline, the swimming, and of course, all the extra love and attention from family. On Saturday, Kenny and I got to go to the temple together for a early morning date, sort of like a late anniversary date. It was a much-needed time and we really love the free babysitting :)


Well I still have a lot more pictures, and mother's day to catch up on but this is long enough so I'll try to do that later (and hopefully before another week passes).

No comments: