Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. I am really bummed that I cannot put pictures on for now. Not only are they more boring to read, but it's going to take me a while to catch up when adding them later, before printing it off. Maybe I should just go buy a cord for my camera and this lap top, instead of waiting to be able to stick my whole memory card in on our desk top.

2. The movers are in Katy, TX at our storage unit loading up a big truck with our stuff at this very moment!! I CANNOT WAIT TILL IT GETS HERE!! Oh my goodness to have our own things again is going to be wonderful.

3. Last night we went and finalized our decision for the house we've been looking at. We will move in on Saturday, even though our stuff's not coming until Monday or Tuesday. Looks like we'll be asking around for some spare blankets from ward members until then. But we don't want to stay more days in this hotel than we have to. Ugh.

4. Speaking of ward members...we totally fell in love with the ward on Sunday. It was our first time attending and everyone was so very welcoming and kind. There are lots of young families which we are SO excited about, including a few in our neighborhood. Hooray for not being 20-25 mintues away from everyone like we were in Illinois. There are a handful of guys that work with Kenny that are also members of our church, and they're all in our ward! How cool is that!? We can't wait to dive in and really get to know everyone.

5. The longer we are in this hotel with TV, the more I am convinced that we will never get TV!! We haven't had it the entire time we've been married. At first it was just a luxury we really couldn't afford, but even after graduation, we had no desire for it. What a big fat waste of time! Instead of watching a couple favorite shows a week on hulu/netflix, the kids are constantly wanting to turn it on. Tyler, especially, has developed an addiction. He also happens to be a big sucker for advertisements and has a big long list of toys and other things he wants (and needs!!). It's actually kind of funny. He'll say "Mom did you see that! Those bags make your food healthy and fresh just like a fridge! We have GOT to get those at the store, okay?!

6. I am grateful for parks, especially when there's other kids there for mine to play with. That's where we go every morning for a couple hours. Okay so Brynlee doesn't want to get out of the swing the entire time, but Tyler says "I'm going to go make some friends" and then goes and plays with people. Although it's pretty obvious he's been very sheltered and doesn't understand how some kids work. He doesn't realize how mean some kids can be. There's a daycare, or some kind of program for kids whose parents work all day, and they're usually at the park too. This morning Ty was playing soccer with a few of the other boys, and 2 of them started fighting. Like, real kicking and hitting. I told them to stop (they weren't being very well supervised by the staff whose job it should have been to stop them). Tyler said, don't worry mom, they're just practicing their karate moves, and he starts doing a few of his own off to the side of them. hahaha. He's such a sweet boy. But we had chat about kids and fighting, and what he should do if he has a run-in with a bully at school. I was worried that he seemed kind of excited, and almost hopeful that a bully will attack him at school. He had a smile on his face as he explained how he will dodge his punches and go under, and fake him out, etc. Apparently he watches Kung Fu Panda and The Furious Five too much.

7. Madison has been teething for a while, and now has 5 teeth. I knew she had been cutting her top 2 teeth, but a couple days ago I noticed a third one coming in on the bottom. Poor girl. Teething for babies is the pits, although she seems to handle it much better than my other two did.

8. The hallway outside our door smells like some animal died and is decomposing in the heat. I nearly lost my breakfast.

9. At home I would vacuum my floors every day, or every other day at the most. Here I have to wait till Wednesday when they come and clean. Our floors are disgusting, and I'm sure Madi's going to get some awful disease by the time we leave here.

10. Okay, no more complaining about this hotel. It's only 2 weeks. I can do anything for that long, right? Right??

1 comment:

Elise said...

You vacuum every day?! You really ARE super mom!