Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Eve

For Christmas Eve we didn't want to be alone, so we invited over 2 other families from the ward who we knew didn't have family around either. James and Natalie Palmer came with their two kids, Scott and Sara. Justin and Joslyn Pattee came, and brought a friend Jeni, who's from France. I made the traditional ham and augratin potatoes, with a yummy salad, rolls, and corn/peas. They brought desserts and we loved sharing that evening with friends. We read through Luke 2, and part of Matthew 2 and the kids somewhat acted out the nativity, yet again.

We visited for a little while, then they all went home. Then it was time to open up the Christmas pajamas I made them!!





Love my 3 little hams.

Don't look too closely at Tyler's pajamas...the print is upside down! All except for one sleeve, haha. That's what I get for trying to work on sewing projects with the kids awake and bouncing all around me. I realized the mistake after cutting it out, but I was not about to go buy some more material. While laughing at my own stupidity, Tyler says "That's okay mom, they can just be my crazy pajamas!"


We read "The Night Before Christmas", and Tyler slept in the girls' room so they could all be together. Kenny and I stayed up watching "It's a Wonderful Life" while drinking sparkling cider, cleaning up dinner, and setting out Christmas. I just love Christmas time.

No comments: