Thursday, December 1, 2011

November 17-19th

Thursday, Nov. 17th at 8 a.m. we headed to the airport. We picked up my friend Joslyn, who just lives down the street, who was kind enough to drive our van back to our house for us. Thanks to the 2 hour difference, we gained some day time and made it to SLC around 2 p.m. if I remember correctly. We got all our luggage and our awesome (ugly orange) dodge caravan that we were renting and drove down to Spring City, UT. There we stayed with my Grandpa Backus. The kids warmed right up to them and it was so fun to see him and Joyce again. I love staying there. Even Madi, who is afraid of everyone, let both of them hold her. She sat all through breakfast on Grandpa's lap and ate scrambled eggs off of his plate and everything :). It was so cute.



We left late morning to drive to Provo, where we stayed with my sister Camille and her husband Tyler. We also got to spend time with my brother Jeff, whom I hadn't seen since he got off his mission back in August. It was so great to be with them again. I can't believe I didn't get a picture with Jeff, I was really not good at picture taking this trip. But we had a great time. It took the kids (and us) several days to get adjusted to the time difference. They would wake up between 4:30 and 5:00 and just not be able to go back to sleep. But we eventually got 'em figured out. We took the time to stop by my Grandma Andersen's house and say hi to her. She is 91 years old! I hadn't seen my grandparents in years so it was great to be there. My Aunt Kathy also happened to be there with her at the same time, and so I'm glad we got to say hi to her, too.



Cami is due January 9th with her first, so it's fun to be pregnant together. Along with our other sister, Kim, due March 5th--2 days before me! And we're all having girls so you can bet we're excited. Too bad I'm like the same size as her and 2 months behind!!








Friday night I got to sneak off for a couple hours and go catch up with some of my best girl friends from high school, Polly Harrell and Kaylynn (Lunt) Snowball. It was SO good to see them again. We chatted over yummy cupcakes and hot chocolate from the Cocoa Bean Cafe. Kaylynn's having her first baby (also a girl) due Dec. 24th. (Yes it's awkward that I'm on my 4th and all my friends are having their first, or maybe their second. I'm the weirdo.)


Saturday afternoon, one of my most favorite people in the world, my cousin Charlotte Allsop, came with her husband Ben and two adorable boys Troy and Liam, to visit for a little bit. It was so good to see her again and catch up with them. We just love their family and wish we lived closer! Again, no pictures unfortunately. I just love going out there and seeing so many family and friends. It is good for the soul, I believe.


Thanks Cami and Tyler for hosting us. Can't wait to see you again!

2 comments:

Elise said...

Isn't the two-hour time difference so annoying? My kids wake up at 5:30 am when we're in Utah....ugh!

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

It was so good to see you!! Ben and I loved talking with you and Kenny. Plus, your kids are so flippin cute. Troy really liked Tyler. And YES I hope we live closer someday ;)