Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Day

Christmas morning: I finally started making noise to get the kids up around 7:20 because we didn't have much time to get ready for church after that. So we woke up Madi, and they all came out to see how much Santa spoiled them this year!! They were thrilled with the loot and it is always so fun to watch them. Some of Ty's favorites: a scooter, a light saber, some cool books. Bryn's favorites: a doll with lots of accessories, and strawberry shortcake. Madi's favorites: Baby doll and balls.

We had to be at the church at 10 for one final choir practice. Kenny and I both decided to do it this christmas since they had babysitters before church for it. It's been a really fun experience. I love being in choir, but especially singing Christmas songs. Sacrament meeting started at 11, and the Pattees were kind enough to sit with our kids for us. The program went really well and the spirit was strong. I don't understand why we don't go to church every Christmas, no matter what day. It really makes a difference, I think.

We came home, had lunch, and opened up the rest of the presents under the tree! I was so excited about the cricut expressions (!!!) from my parents, and a cool vegetable steamer, and boots from Kenny. We got Kenny some new basketball shoes, running shoes, and a calendar I made through Shutterfly he can hang up at work. We enjoyed just taking it easy and playing with the new toys the rest of the day. Oh, and we had a big google chat with everyone in my family. We surprised my mom with the fact that we're sending her and my dad on a cruise Jan. 16th! That was fun to watch her reaction :). I wasn't so great at taking pictures, because we were recording a lot. But here's a few of the kids playing with new toys on Sunday and Monday.

These are blocks you have to build and make ramps and stuff for the marbles to roll down.

Bryn got bath baby from Grandpa and Grandma A that she just couldn't wait another minute to get in the tub and play with her.


Madi likes to take a pretend sip from the baby's bottle herself, then give it to her baby. She is such a sweet little mommy. It is amazing to me how natural and strong that motherly instinct is even at such a very young age. My mom made some darling blankets and a "diaper bag" for my girls to put all their baby stuff in. It's perfect!


Fingerpaints and tools are always a hit.


Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

Colleen Andersen said...

Oh my gosh these pictures are so cute! What adorable grandkids we have.
Love you all so much.