Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Come what may and love it.

I saw this the other day on deseretbook.com and couldn't help but get it. It's my new motto right now. I needed it up in my home every day where I could see it and be reminded of the attitude I need (and want) to have. Kenny's work has thrown us for another loop again, and we are once again on the verge of moving. We expected a good year and a half, or two years here in Ohio. But the week before Thanksgiving, the project they are working on got cancelled. Shut down. Now there's no work to do here, and they are finding places for everyone to go. Everyone that didn't get laid off, that is. So we are waiting to hear back on a few different places, and waiting and waiting. Kenny was in Austin, TX interviewing with a different company yesterday, so we'll see how that turns out too. I wouldn't be quite as stressed if we weren't having a baby so soon. I just hate not knowing what's going to happen and plan on even a few weeks in advance. But as we've really fasted and prayed, and poured over the words of the prophets I've received several times over, comforting words and feelings. I know that we'll be okay, and it'll all work out. Even if it is hard, and perhaps that's what I'm afraid of. I realized after several weeks of praying for patience, that that's not really what I meant. I just sort of expected the Lord to "give me patience" so that it wouldn't be hard, that it would just be made easeir for me. But I see now that I was missing the point of trials entirely. So I've changed my prayers, and work daily on having a good attitude about it. We have so much to be grateful for, and the fact that Kenny is still employed is up there at the top right now. So throw at us what you will, life. Come what may--because we're gonna love it.

4 comments:

Shelley said...

What a good perspective to have in a stressful time. I love that motto and I think of it often. I'm excited to see where life takes you guys at this point. Good luck! I know you will do great!

Caitlin said...

you are wonderful, lindsay! thanks for sharing that. i definitely need an attitude adjustment sometimes and remembering "come what may and love it" will help! i'm excited to see what happens with your family!

Tina Braegger said...

awww you are so awesome Lindsay! I hope everything works out for you guys. I know it will too. And what an adorable fam you have as well. Can't wait to hear where you end up next. We got your Christmas card in the mail yesterday too, I just loved it. You guys are all so adorable!!!

Elise said...

You inspire me! I need to have a better attitude like and stop complaining so much. I hope you hear soon what the plans are!