Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Jeff and Kerri's Wedding!!

Last Thursday, August 16th, Kelsey and I flew out at 5 a.m. to go to Utah!! After 2 plane changes and 8-9 hours of travel time, we finally made it to SLC. My mom and Sarah were there to pick us up. It was such a FUN vacation for me! I only had one easy baby to worry about, so it was great to be able to visit when I wanted and really enjoy the trip. I was sad that Kenny and our kids couldn't come along this time, because I know they would've had fun too. But it was so nice to get away for a while and spend time with my family, especially my sisters, who I haven't seen in a really long time. Half of us were there on Thursday, and the other half showed up on Friday.
Also on Friday I drove up to Farmington and stopped at Jeni and Eric's house. I met up with the majority of Kenny's family there as they were all headed to Lagoon for the day for the Weston Family Reunion. I loved seeing all of them too, and wish we would've all had more time together.
 
The sealing, luncheon, and reception were all on Saturday. Weddings are always kind of a whirlwind, but I loved being there to be a part of it all. This trip was so good for me because I have really been missing family. My siblings and cousins are my best examples and closest friends, so it was so good for my spirit to spend time with them and catch up on each other's lives. I love going back and seeing old friends, too. Orem, Utah holds some of my fondest memories because that's where all of my high school days were spent and I just loved that time of my life.
 
I really appreciated Kenny and how he took care of everything while I was gone. He fed them well, did the girls' hair, and even took them to the zoo :). It was a great weekend for them to spend with their dad. 
 
 My mom did an incredible job with all of our outfits! When we got there she handed each of us a big bag full of clothes for our whole family, dressed from head to toe! Of course, she MADE all of our skirts, belts, bracelets, and matching dresses for all the granddaughters. She's amazing, and everybody commented on our outfits, which made me glad that people noticed her hard work. She did such a great job!
 
We all crashed at Kim and Caleb's beautiful basement apartment for the weekend. I felt so bad for them as they had only moved in about a week ago and are not even fully unpacked! But they were so nice to let us all bombard them. Even though it was a tight squeeze, we loved all being under the same roof and spending that short amount of time together.
 
I neglected to bring my camera, but I took some of the pictures from my mom's.
 
Eliza (Kim and Caleb's baby girl) and Kelsey meeting for the first time. They are only about a week apart!

My brothers, Jeff and Tim wrestling the night before the wedding. Isn't this what brothers always do when they get together? They are 4 years apart, so growing up Jeff always had the advantage. But now that they're both big and grown, the competition is even more fierce :).

Starting at the front and going clockwise: Camille, Laura, Steph, Kim, me, Sarah. Painting our nails for the wedding day. We were joking about how it would be if we were the ones throwing each other around and wrestling on the ground for fun. It just is so contrary to our nature that it was funny to think about slamming each other into the floor and such, just for fun :)

Waiting for them to come out of the temple. Back row L to R: Me with Kels, Steph with Dean, Camille with Millie, Leighton, Kim with Eliza. Front row: Laura holding Eva, Sarah, Tim. The 3 singles did a great job babysitting all our kids while we were in the sealing. What would we do without them??

Poor little Kelsey was teething and not liking it. Not only was she constantly soaking her dress with drool, but they hurt too! She had one tooth when we got there, and 2 by the time we came home :).


Me, Kim, and Camille with our baby girls. This is so fun to me! Our girls are going to be such close, fun cousins! They're all within 2 months of each other.

The happy couple finally wedded! I love these two and know they are going to great things and be very happy together. Welcome to the family, Kerri!!

The luncheon was at the Wilkinson Center at BYU. It was a lot of fun, and one of my favorite parts was when my mom and dad sang, "Marriage Lullaby". It was written by my uncle Tim--he and my dad were the best of brothers. He has passed away, but left an amazing legacy in his life, including that of beautiful music.

All of us standing up on the side trying to keep our babies happy and quiet :). It's so fun mothering at the same time and stage as my sisters. I love it!

I flew back Sunday night, getting in at 1 a.m. The poor kids were exhausted. Kenny had to get them out of bed of course, but I was SOO glad to see them! I really, really missed my little monkeys :).
 

5 comments:

Laura said...

LOVE! I need to get pics from Mom. That was such a fun weekend, and I'm so glad you and Kels came! I miss you both so much already! Love you!

Mom and Sarah said...

Your family is amazing! You truly are lucky to have sisters and to be sharing having babies all at the same time! Your mom is way-beyond amazing and I will miss her so very much. So glad that our paths crossed, and I'm so glad I got to visit with you for just a sec!! Hugs, Lisa

McCaye said...

I'm so glad we got to chat for a few minutes before I had to run off to hold the babies or chase Nash. I'm looking forward to the next wedding or some big family event that will bring you back in from Alaska because we seriously did not have enough time to catch up! Hope you're doing well and feeling rejuvenated.

Elise said...

I randomly came across your blog and couldn't believe it-- 4 kids!? You are one brave woman! I am trying to talk myself into a SECOND baby! Your family is so cute.

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

It was SO good to see you!! Your family is so awesome and I loved seeing you all together. I wish I could have heard your mom and dad sing! What a treasure!!