Thursday, August 9, 2012

Summer Days

Every once in a while I will get around to getting the pictures off my phone and onto my computer. Then I do a big photo dump in one blog post :). So here's some of the things that fill up our summer days. Feeding ducks and geese old bread at Cheney Lake. The walk around the lake afterward wore our squishy-cheeked baby right out. Notice: I caught Tyler's reaction when the duck ate it right out of his hand.

It rains a lot here. So we just wait till the rain stops, then go play in the puddles and dig for worms in our backyard.

Below: We finally made it in to see where Kenny works! We had never been inside to see his office, until last Friday. He's been working late quite a bit and this particular day we were anxious to see him and enjoy the nice weather with him. So I texted him and said that I was going to pick up a pizza and we were coming down to meet him for dinner. Sounds simple, but it wasn't. We got the pizza for really cheap using a groupon deal and I thought it was great, until I finally opened the box when we were now far away from Domino's and realized they gave us the wrong order!! I was on hold, on the phone with them complaining about it when I got rear-ended downtown. It was just a fender-bender, but it set us back in time even more. Anyway, Kenny and I had to laugh at how the evening had turned out. But it was fun to visit him and see where he works.


It will hit me at random times that I have 4 children. Like when I'm folding laundry and I have 6 piles for 6 different people! Or when we are hogging all 4 swings at the park. And I think, "Where did all these beauties come from? When did that happen?"


The swing put this sweet babe right to sleep.


We go on lots of walks around the neighborhood.

Yes, she's riding in her princess dress. She wouldn't put on her helmet because she "didn't want to mess up her pretty braids" but I told her since it was pink and purple it matched her dress. So she obliged.

We are trying to just soak up all the sunshine we can. We decided to take off the month of August from school for Ty because it just causes me too much anxiety that if it actually is sunny and warm outside, we were inside hittin the books. I didn't like to have to choose, so it just made sense to take a break. Other than some allergies and sicknesses that a few of us are dealing with, life is going well. I was just saying the other day how blessed we were that nobody had been sick in so long. That weekend, Madison was running a fever and threw up, and Tyler and I got some nasty colds. Lesson learned: NEVER SAY THAT. :) It sure makes me appreciate when everyone is healthy as I realize how being sick just causes so many interruptions to the normal flow of life. But all is well.

No comments: