Monday, August 27, 2012

Pick-Your-Own-Produce

On Wednesday I went with my cousin Carmin, and her son David, to a pick-your-own farm. It was up by the Reindeer Farm we went to not too long ago. I love it out there, it is just gorgeous. We couldn't have picked a better day to go, the weather was absolutely perfect. It's a nice, church-owned place right next to the cannery/bishop's storehouse. The produce was really cheap, and nothing beats freshly-picked food from a big ol' garden. I love opportunities to remind kids of where food really comes from--not just the grocery store! Kenny and I have dreams; someday when we're stable and own a home, we'll have a very big garden. But for now, this is a pretty fun place to go. Afterwards we enjoyed a nice picnic on the grass and soaked up some sunshine. Thanks for a fabulous morning, Carmin!!
 

Madison, Carmin, David, Brynlee, Tyler in front of Pioneer Peak--that beautiful mountain behind them. I seriously want to own a cabin out there or something, I love it!


Tyler, David, Madi: helping pick broccoli


 Collecting red potatoes


1 comment:

Charity said...

Oh that looks so wonderful! We used to go to pick your own farms in NY and loved it! We can't find any here and miss it :( Its so neat for the kids and I loved it too!

On another note, how do you handle 4 kids? Help! Any pointers you have would be wonderful :)