Friday, October 12, 2012

Anchorage Museum

Tuesday was cold and wet. Okay, so almost every day is cold and wet. But this day we decided to not just stay inside. We headed out to the Anchorage Museum, where we have a membership. I really, really love this place. It paid for itself within about 3 visits for our family. They have the best little kid space that has enough fun, educational/stimulating activities for all 4 of my kids, with all different interests and attention levels. It's sectioned off from the rest of the museum so big kids can't come and bother them. It has its own little bathroom (so we don't have to trek around the museum looking for one for Brynlee's frequent visits and the many diaper changes), a bench for nursing mothers, and stroller parking with cubby holes. Basically, it's the only place I truly enjoy taking my kids by myself because of how accomodating it is for families. The best part is that it's downtown, so Kenny can walk over from his office and meet us on his lunch break. He joined us for the last few minutes and then we went out to lunch together. It was such a treat to be able to hang out with daddy during the day! Kenny and I are trying to find a time to go on a date to the Body Exhibit going on at the museum right now. It's a fun place!
 





1 comment:

Laura said...

I remember this place! I miss your family so much - maybe I'll just swing on up for a quick visit ;)