Saturday, October 27, 2012

Re-cap

Monday was nothing special. Kenny worked late and I forgot to have FHE with the kids. I hate when we don't do it, and I have no one to blame but myself. Got to do better.

Tuesday we didn't take Ty to soccer because I didn't think his body was recovered enough. But I did host book club that night. We are reading Les Miserables! The complete, unabridged, 1222 page book! I am totally in love with it. It has seriously become one of my most favorite books. It is very lengthy, but oh so good. And what a perfect time to read it, since they're making the new movie about it that comes out Christmas day!! I can't wait. I started tearing up just watching the preview. It's going to be so great!

Wednesday Kenny was working late again so I didn't go to young womens. Wishing these kids would get over their colds quickly!

Thursday Ty had soccer, so Kenny took Bryn and Madi with him to that. I had to go to a YW auxiliary training at the stake center. It was good to go and be with other leaders that are working towards the same goals and going through some of the same things. These girls cause me more stress and worry than I would've thought. I love them and really want what's best for them. I just pray we can find a way to light some kind of fire within them and help them learn to love the gospel and have a testimony, and be proud of their testimony. 

Friday I needed to do some shopping, and there's a mall downtown near Kenny's work. So we went and picked him up and attempted to shop. But honestly, going shopping with 4 little kids is like pouring salt into an open wound. So it didn't last very long. I did get some cute little boots for the girls and myself, and some tights for B. So at least we're covered for church on sunday. Boots are an absolute necessity in Alaska. That night Kenny put all the kids to bed and I snuck out and went to the 8:00 session at the temple. I was feeling really irritable and overwhelmed and just really needed to go to the temple. I enjoyed the 30 minute drive there, singing at the top of my lungs to an old Celine Dion CD--total guilty pleasure :). I am so grateful I am able to go seek peace and refuge at The House of the Lord. It was just what I needed to help clear my head and get a little break.

Saturday I took the kids to gymnastics. Kenny got snow tires put on both cars, and the oil changed on both too. That was a huge on my to-do list, so I am so grateful he took care of that this week. I am just feeling very grateful for Kenny lately. He is my rock.

Also on Saturday night, we finished the Book of Mormon as a family for the second time! We only read a page a day, so it takes us (obviously) a very long time to get through it. So I feel like that is a note-worthy accomplishment!!

Kelsey started crawling for real this last week! She also pulls herself up to stand up to things. Now we've reached a whole new level!! She is so darn cute. I love how she pants when she's excited. She's not a very noisy baby, she shows her excitement with how hard she breathes, it's so funny! She also sucks on her fingers to calm herself and put herself to sleep. She will be 8 months old in a couple days and I can't believe how big she's getting.

1 comment:

Elise said...

I'm reading Les Mis too! I'm only on like page 50 so far...we'll see if I can finish it by Christmas!

Oh, and a page at a time from the BoM is great! We are at 5 verses per day :). It just takes sooooo long with the kids!