Sunday, March 9, 2014

It's a Boy!

Friday morning at 9:15 I had an ultrasound. The baby is growing great! Everything was looking perfect, and he's even measuring ahead, especially his head (which makes me a little nervous...). It makes me so happy and grateful to see a healthy baby growing inside and moving around non stop. Unfortunately he was a little uncooperative in getting the right pictures of his heart and face so I have to go back in a couple weeks for that. But we were especially excited to find out it was a boy! Not because we would have been unhappy with a girl, but because I knew how badly Tyler wanted a brother! Carmin was kind enough to watch them for us while Kenny and I went to the appt. Later that day Kenny picked up some cupcakes (I called and ordered). We brought them all around the table and had the cupcakes under a blanket. We had told them the frosting would tell them whether the baby was a boy or a girl. We recorded the whole thing, so I'll just let the video do the explaining of the very opposite reactions we got!


Hopefully that link will work. It was pretty fun! Brynlee has since decided that it won't be so bad after all. I think she and Tyler had just built up this competition on opposing sides and it was more that she lost (or was wrong in guessing) more than the fact that she's upset about a brother. Anyway, we are so excited!!


This was the picture I used on facebook and instagram to publicly announce it :)

That afternoon we went ice skating (indoor) at the Dimond Mall. Kelsey and I didn't get skates, but daddy helped the older 3 and it was hilarious! Tyler and Brynlee had improved a ton from the time we got there to when we left. Tyler especially looked like an old man hobbling around very quickly. I was laughing a lot just watching them all. We all had a fun time and hopefully they'll be able to continue to get better. Not many kids up here don't know how to ice skate, so we've got to get on board so they can have fun doing that in the long winters. I wished so bad I had my good camera, but a few lame phone pics will have to do.






2 comments:

Carlee Ann said...

Poor Bryn! haha… that was one of the saddest faces I've ever seen! I bet Tyler is so excited! Congrats!

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

Congrats!!! So exciting!!!